• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • grunt soldier

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    i looked but i can't find any of my pics of us w/ them over in iraq. we use to tuck 3-4 tampons in the molle webbing of our IBA's before quick clot and all that good stuff it was one of the easiest ways to treat a gun shot wound. this will sound bad but wtf ya know. unpack, insert it in the hole, and your good for a bit while your buddies charlie mike, until doc gets up to you. this is of coarse tampons but pads absorb a lot of blood too so are also solid for through and through gun shots. they are also a lot cheaper than kerlix or at least they were a year or so ago.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    i looked but i can't find any of my pics of us w/ them over in iraq. we use to tuck 3-4 tampons in the molle webbing of our IBA's before quick clot and all that good stuff it was one of the easiest ways to treat a gun shot wound. this will sound bad but wtf ya know. unpack, insert it in the hole, and your good for a bit while your buddies charlie mike, until doc gets up to you. this is of coarse tampons but pads absorb a lot of blood too so are also solid for through and through gun shots. they are also a lot cheaper than kerlix or at least they were a year or so ago.

why did fobits need tampons? :): oh never mind ;)

grunt soldier

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county

why did fobits need tampons? :): oh never mind ;)

Hahaha I see what u did there :) I wish I was smart enough to pick a mos like that. U know one that could provide me with some skills the civilian world could use. No no no I just had to be infantry.

Stop picking on me damn it. U know I am sensitive. I mean I did just admit to carrying tampons around didn't I :)

BigMatt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 22, 2009
    il_fullxfull.100722907.jpg

Lynn Smith

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    MSG 2 / Indianapolis
    Some things to know:

Pads and tampons are made to absorb a lot of blood, more than some wound packing.

Pads and tampons are made to not adhere to flesh or wounds - better than some wound packing.

With a pad and belt you have just made a pressure bandage. Works with scarves and lots of other things as well

As stated before - tampons help seal a bullet wound until help arrives - and is made to be fairly easily removed from the wound.

OB brand - the one that has had a large shortage - can be purchased without an applicator so they are very small.

Having had a single mom, sister, ex-wife, and now fiance I have had to make emergency runs to the store since the age of 12. Kind of embarrassing being the only confused 12 year old boy staring at the walls in the feminine hygiene section.

At any rate add hunting, camping, and two branches of the military and I have learned a thing or two. That should answer the inevitable next question...

mammynunswife

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    I was camping (in the pouring down rain) last weekend with the Venture Scouts. My daughter and I managed to get an AWESOME fire going with a tampon and a few paper towels! Taught the Boy Scouts a thing or two! ;)

Top Bottom