Ferdinand Heimatfest attempting to suppress our rights...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AA&E

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 4, 2014
    Southern Indiana
    Attended a car show this morning and noticed a sign as I was leaving the CITY PARK where it is held stating no firearms. I went to their Facebook page and told them about the Indiana preemption laws and they deleted my post. I have never opened carried in my life, but considering showing up with a Colt 45 on my side in plain view and flier explaining people's rights... I was polite in my post. Tired of these *******s thinking they can intimidate an ignorant citizenry out of their rights. Anyone else attending??

AA&E

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 4, 2014
    Southern Indiana
    I don't see how it could require a lawsuit. The firearms preemption law specifically forbids and revokes laws against law abiding citizens from carrying in places such as city parks. There are very few exclusions. Court houses. .. school property and school events... etc.

The lawsuit would come in when some podunk police officer makes an arrest due to his ignorance of the law.

Valvestate

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2012
    NWI
    FB wouldn't be the way to go since it's exposed to the public. Private letter or call would be the way so any action would be silent and no one would be the wiser.

it could be a sign from before preemption too.

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    I don't see how it could require a lawsuit. The firearms preemption law specifically forbids and revokes laws against law abiding citizens from carrying in places such as city parks. There are very few exclusions. Court houses. .. school property and school events... etc.

The lawsuit would come in when some podunk police officer makes an arrest due to his ignorance of the law.

Correct. And, just my :twocents: if further correspondence is made with the good folks of Ferdinand and their immaculate mowed yards, a little encouragement might be in order by informing them the City of Evansville is currently in a lawsuit for taking actions against a citizen in violation of preemption law.

AA&E

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 4, 2014
    Southern Indiana
    FB wouldn't be the way to go since it's exposed to the public. Private letter or call would be the way so any action would be silent and no one would be the wiser.

it could be a sign from before preemption too.

this is a yearly event held in a local city Park. The sign was put up this morning since it began today. A letter wouldn't have reached them in time to effect this event.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 15, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    I grew up and have lived in Ferdinand my entire life. It is an amazing tight-knit community. I was shocked to see that sign up this year. I have attended the Heimatfest every single year and this is the first year that a sign like that has been up. I also know that they had twice as many police officers present than any other year because of the concert held last night. The Kentucky Headhunters put on a show in the softball field, which was the reason for so many police officers, and may be the culprit of reasoning for the signs. Either way, I was disappointed to see it.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    Disappointing as it may be, it's actually specifically illegal, and these people need to be held to account for that, if only to be an example for others.

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    On a hill in Perry C
    I grew up and have lived in Ferdinand my entire life. It is an amazing tight-knit community. I was shocked to see that sign up this year. I have attended the Heimatfest every single year and this is the first year that a sign like that has been up. I also know that they had twice as many police officers present than any other year because of the concert held last night. The Kentucky Headhunters put on a show in the softball field, which was the reason for so many police officers, and may be the culprit of reasoning for the signs. Either way, I was disappointed to see it.

You have my condolences.
    Actually it doesn't surprise me they'd put up the sign. I lived there for a while not all that long ago, and the impression I got from the elders was a serious "our s%&t don't stink, and we will do whatever we want" mentality. Seems also to be a lack of common sense in the town leaders, they hired a serial child molester to work at the town garage, right next to the park.

24Carat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Newburgh
    I grew up in Dubois County and was involved in a private company that interacted with the socio-political machines on a regular basis. They will push their whims on others until the resistance or push back alters their priorities.

AA&E

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 4, 2014
    Southern Indiana
    What they fail to realize is the outcome a sign like this can have.... I have EVERY intention of open carrying at this event from here on out. I had plans already to take my kids to the bombers game. Next year, I will be there open carrying the biggest, most noticable sidearm I own. If they would have politely stated a we will look into this, or something along those lines that would have been the end of it. Also, I've been contacted by the media and thry plan to cover thid sign and its lacking legal substance. I doubt the end result they get is what they bargained for.

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    Attended a car show this morning and noticed a sign as I was leaving the CITY PARK where it is held stating no firearms. I went to their Facebook page and told them about the Indiana preemption laws and they deleted my post. I have never opened carried in my life, but considering showing up with a Colt 45 on my side in plain view and flier explaining people's rights... I was polite in my post. Tired of these *******s thinking they can intimidate an ignorant citizenry out of their rights. Anyone else attending??

There is a thread, around here somewhere, stating that any signs, one of the Lawyers wants to know about.
    Send Kirk, and Guy Relford a pm, or an e mail and see if you get a response .....

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    Signs? We don't need no stink-ing signs!

Not 'accusing' anyone in this thread, but what I personally find ironic is how gun-toters will scream and yell to high heaven about some event or place having such a sign, but will willingly be disarmed to attend their local gun show. Even more ironic was there was no such prohibition at the HUGE NRA gun show in Indy.

WHY aren't those same folks bashing the bejesus out of the gun show promoters for doing the exact same thing? :dunno: Seems more than just 'a bit' hypocritcal. :ugh:

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

Not 'accusing' anyone in this thread, but what I personally find ironic is how gun-toters will scream and yell to high heaven about some event or place having such a sign, but will willingly be disarmed to attend their local gun show. Even more ironic was there was no such prohibition at the HUGE NRA gun show in Indy.

WHY aren't those same folks bashing the bejesus out of the gun show promoters for doing the exact same thing? :dunno: Seems more than just 'a bit' hypocritcal. :ugh:

For 20 years I haven't disarmed for a gun show.

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    Have any of our INGO Ferdinand residents brought this to the attention of Guy Relford? He has been involved in similar cases in Indiana involving Hammond and Highland. Guy goes by the name of "Tactical Firearms Training" on INGO.

Contact info from his website:
    The Law Offices of Guy A. Relford
    One South Rangeline Road, Suite 110
    Carmel, IN 46032
    (317) 844-4297
    (317) 844-2036 (fax)
    guy@relfordlaw.com
    www.facebook.com/relfordlaw

AA&E

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 4, 2014
    Southern Indiana
    If the people that put on the car show rented the park, then they can have the sign.
    It is a city park. It is a city car show. They can post the sign, they just can't do a damn thing about it if someone chooses to not abide by it. I could post a sign saying anything I wanted, but without a means of enforcing it, it means nothing.

cce1302

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Back down south
    I fully support the enforcement of 35-47-11.1 against political subsections that violate it.

It isn't irony if it isn't the same people.

Top Bottom