• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pappy56

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 12, 2008
    Hancock County
    This morning a co-worker told me of a conversation that he had with a friend that works at a gun shop North of Indianapolis (I will not disclose the name). He was told that the shop can no longer sell firearms because their FFL renewal is sitting on a desk somewhere held up like many, many other renewals and new applications. Held up by the O'bama administration (an attempt at back door gun control?).

Has anybody else heard of this situation?

KWL
    pappy56

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    More rumormill. ATF didn't say that you have to be a smith to get an FFL. They said that 'smiths may need to get an FFL when they didn't used to be required to have one.
    There are shops that have expired FFLs and are waiting on the renewals ( I can think of 2) and are losing business as a result.

Spot Me 2

Expert
    Rating - 97.8%
    45   1   0
    More rumormill. ATF didn't say that you have to be a smith to get an FFL. They said that 'smiths may need to get an FFL when they didn't used to be required to have one.
    There are shops that have expired FFLs and are waiting on the renewals ( I can think of 2) and are losing business as a result.

I was told this by my local gun shop owner.:dunno: Seems like the ones who aren't a cert. smith are the ones who being delayed.

Do we have a list of the requirements? The only ones I could find were the old ones.....

ATF will approve the application if the applicant:
    • Is 21 years or older.
    • Is not prohibited from handling or possessing firearms or ammunition
    • Has not violated the Gun Control Act or its regulations
    • Has not failed to disclose information or facts in connection with their application
    • Has premises for conducting business or collecting
    The applicant must also certify that:
    1. The business to be conducted under the license is not prohibited by State or local law in the place where the licensed premise is located
    2. Within 30 days after the application is approved the business will comply with the requirements of State and local law applicable to the conduct of the business
    3. The business will not be conducted under the license until the requirements of State and local law applicable to the business have been met
    4. The applicant has sent or delivered a form to the chief law enforcement officer where the premises are located notifying the officer that the applicant intends to apply for a license.
    5. Secure gun storage and safety devices will be available at any place in which firearms are sold under the license to persons who are not licensees

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I know one shop going out of business here on the west side but I don't know why. Maybe this could be part of it. I do know they're a class III FFL and thought maybe the cost of that license was becoming a problem. :dunno:

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Who is it Savage? The only C3 dealer on the West side that I can think of is Premier Arms.

Think Mooresville. Housed in the old Dairy Queen. AAC Guns.

I bought both my pistols there and almost always got my ammo there unless I bought in bulk. Then I went to Bradis. But when everyone else was limiting people on how much ammo they could buy, AAC wasn't. If you wanted to clean him out, by all means. $15 transfers. And if he didn't have it, he could get it.

They changed their hours a while back and didn't know why. Then I ran into a (former) employee at PSS who told me they had changed the locks on them and were fired with no notice. Then come to find out they're about to shut their doors.

I'm wondering if maybe it's because their FFL is up for renewal (Which I remember them talking about a while back) and it's been delayed like all these other FFL's...

This whole mess with delayed renewals sounds fishy to me.

6birds

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 15, 2008
    Fishers
    This morning a co-worker told me of a conversation that he had with a friend that works at a gun shop North of Indianapolis (I will not disclose the name). He was told that the shop can no longer sell firearms because their FFL renewal is sitting on a desk somewhere held up like many, many other renewals and new applications. Held up by the O'bama administration (an attempt at back door gun control?).

Has anybody else heard of this situation?

KWL
    pappy56

They're talking about Wyatt's, and it's been months since they could sell guns (No FFL for the new address). The devil is in the details!

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GlockFrenzy
    Top Bottom