• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    Elkhart
    I was reading other post and a question popped in to my head, lets say someone has their FFL can they still do private sales which wouldn't need a background check or are they required to run checks on every firearm they sell?

just curious

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I was reading other post and a question popped in to my head, lets say someone has their FFL can they still do private sales which wouldn't need a background check or are they required to run checks on every firearm they sell?

just curious

I'll answer for those of us that hold FFL03 (Curio and Relic). No background check is required for licensee to licensee or FTF. There is only the requirement to log the acquisition or disposition in a bound book.

It makes buying via the internet or at gun shows a lot easier. I just hand over a copy of my FFL. :)

EDIT:
    [STRIKE]Is your question about a dealer with an FFL01 and can they purchase a firearm FTF for personal use?[/STRIKE]

So you're asking if a dealer (FFL01 holder) can sell a firearm and NOT file a F4473 with associated background checks? If so, the answer is NO.

Now if the firearm is in their own collections and not part of the business...
    An FFL01 holder will have to answer that.

45calibre

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 28, 2008
    NWI
    the only time an FFl can sell a firearm without a 4473 is if they are selling one of their personal firearms that they acquired before they got their FFL. i was told this by an FFL on this board, don't remember who.

Top Bottom