• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dave-O

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 16, 2012
    New Albany
    Have been searching the internet and have not been able to find the answer to a question. Does anyone here know the answer ? What are the penalties if a licensed ffl holder is caught knowingly selling or transferring a firearm through his or her place of business without doing any paperwork ? I used to hold a ffl years ago, and have friends with stores that currently do hold ffls but nobody seems to know the answer. The presumption has always been extremely serious prosecution but to what degree ?

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    Have been searching the internet and have not been able to find the answer to a question. Does anyone here know the answer ? What are the penalties if a licensed ffl holder is caught knowingly selling or transferring a firearm through his or her place of business without doing any paperwork ? I used to hold a ffl years ago, and have friends with stores that currently do hold ffls but nobody seems to know the answer. The presumption has always been extremely serious prosecution but to what degree ?

Well...when Ludco's got caught, his FFL was revoked and he did some time, if I recall. Maybe still there? Not sure. Google it. :)

Dave-O

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 16, 2012
    New Albany
    That is one article i saw but as i recall there were more violations involved there than just knowingly transferring without paperwork.

Fullmag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 4, 2011
    Well...when Ludco's got caught, his FFL was revoked and he did some time, if I recall. Maybe still there? Not sure. Google it. :)

That was big news not to long ago. There was rumors that it was part of the fast and furious debacle. Timing would been right. If only the subpoenas would have not been canceled.

PGRChaplain

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Waynedale (FT Wayne)
    Here's the story, by the way 70 Feds & ISP did the raid.

Charles "Fred" Ludington, 61, of Parker City, was arrested on four felony counts.
    Ludington is the Parker City Town Council President.
    Ludco Gun Shop was audited in the fall of 2010 and ATF agents found 13 recordkeeping violations. ATF Special Agent in Charge Bob Browning says less than one percent of federally-licensed gun dealers are found to have at least one recordkeeping violation. Investigators say he could not account for 997 guns.
    U.S. Attorney Joe Hogsett says undercover agents bought guns from Ludington posing as convicted felons. Hogsett says Ludington even helped the agent fill out paperwork required to buy a firearm. Ludington also allegedly sold a weapon to a convicted felon.
    Browning says Ludington had an inventory of over 3,700 guns, which made him a high-inventory dealer. Browning says he was in the store and said it was no surprise to him that Ludington couldn't keep records because "the guns were in no particular order in the store and I've never seen so many guns crammed into one small business in my 24-year career."
    Ludington could face 10 years in prison if convicted on all counts.

SERparacord

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 16, 2012
    Amish Mafia Bar

Here's the story, by the way 70 Feds & ISP did the raid.

Charles "Fred" Ludington, 61, of Parker City, was arrested on four felony counts.
    Ludington is the Parker City Town Council President.
    Ludco Gun Shop was audited in the fall of 2010 and ATF agents found 13 recordkeeping violations. ATF Special Agent in Charge Bob Browning says less than one percent of federally-licensed gun dealers are found to have at least one recordkeeping violation. Investigators say he could not account for 997 guns.
    U.S. Attorney Joe Hogsett says undercover agents bought guns from Ludington posing as convicted felons. Hogsett says Ludington even helped the agent fill out paperwork required to buy a firearm. Ludington also allegedly sold a weapon to a convicted felon.
    Browning says Ludington had an inventory of over 3,700 guns, which made him a high-inventory dealer. Browning says he was in the store and said it was no surprise to him that Ludington couldn't keep records because "the guns were in no particular order in the store and I've never seen so many guns crammed into one small business in my 24-year career."
    Ludington could face 10 years in prison if convicted on all counts.

Good ole Fred, had any gun you wanted in stock. Too bad he got greedy.

tat2clod

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Nov 18, 2012
    I travel for work and was in Parker City a couple of years ago we seen the signs when we started the job and stopped in several times,Was in shock when I walked in for the first time he had anything and everything might have to move twenty things but it was there.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TravGreen2703!!
    Top Bottom