• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    He said sales tax on the firearm, and if you ask the Indiana tax people, you are supposed to pay state sales tax on an internet purchase. If the transfer dealer does not collect it you are supposed to report it on your state income tax form. Most dealers just don't collect tax on the internet sale, so it is up to you the buyer to report it and pay it.

combat45acp

Master
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 27, 2010
    DeMotte
    He said sales tax on the firearm, and if you ask the Indiana tax people, you are supposed to pay state sales tax on an internet purchase. If the transfer dealer does not collect it you are supposed to report it on your state income tax form. Most dealers just don't collect tax on the internet sale, so it is up to you the buyer to report it and pay it.

Copy, I misread that, we don't do that at all. That is the buyers responsibility, and I have never seen or read where the tax should be collected, but I am not tax expert.

combat45acp

Master
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 27, 2010
    DeMotte
    Not to mention, how would the FFL know what to charge for tax? 75% of the time I have no clue what the buyer paid. The only time I do know is if they put a receipt in with their FFL copy that goes to me.

Top Bottom