• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • echoagain

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2012
    I'm looking at buying a handgun via gunbroker.com (more of a collector item, not something the LGS's would stock). I assume most of the local shops do FFL transfers? Will I need to provide the seller with the receiving shops actual FFL number? Any particular Indy-area shop especially helpful with transfers? (was thinking pops or pss).

Thanks!

remauto1187

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 25, 2012
    Stepping Stone
    I'm looking at buying a handgun via gunbroker.com (more of a collector item, not something the LGS's would stock). I assume most of the local shops do FFL transfers? Will I need to provide the seller with the receiving shops actual FFL number? Any particular Indy-area shop especially helpful with transfers? (was thinking pops or pss).

Thanks!
    You would send the seller funds for the gun along with a signed FFL copy of the guy/shop handling the transfer on your end. The seller would send the gun to the address on the signed copy of the FFL you sent. (Some accept fax or emailed copies). Then your FFL guy calls you to do paperwork, etc. when the gun comes in. (some will let you start your 4473 sheet before the gun even gets to them)
    There is a FFL database on gunbroker here... GunBroker.com - FFL Holder Network just pop in your zip. Transfer cost which you have to pay your FFL guy usually runs around $10-$25.

phatgemi

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Oct 1, 2008
    Metamora, IN
    I recommend you talk with the shop you are planning to use for the transfer. Some aren't too happy about doing it but shouldn't be a problem for a collector type piece. Glad I have a shope locally that will do any transfer for 15 bucks. Can't beat that.

Top Bottom