• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I'm on the fence with this one. I am not a fan of revenge legislation and that's what this seems like.

I would agree except for one thing. Delta willing waded into the political arena with their actions. Enter politics, expect politics.

Had they just been "minding their own business", so to speak I'd be significantly more sympathetic.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    On the former SAC base, Griffiss? That's a heck of a runway and apron there. 13k' and 750' wide. That was wide enough to get some of the airplanes in the Aero Club off the ground. And there were probably a lot of BUFF sized hangers sitting empty.

There were some good Italian restaurants in the area...but you'd better like Italian because there was nothing else. Rome Labs is still there as well as the NORAD Eastern Air Defense Sector.

Yep, it has been completely remade as a civilian industrial park (KRME)

Welcome to Griffiss International Airport! | ocgov.net
    WELCOME TO GRIFFISS INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT!

It's ferry in/ferry out. The absence of commercial air service may simplify security requirements, not sure

ETA: My brother (spark chaser) spent the last 10 months of his AF career assigned there

Last edited:

Mikey1911

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 14, 2014
    Newburgh
    Just another case of “Virtue Signalling”

I would agree except for one thing. Delta willing waded into the political arena with their actions. Enter politics, expect politics.

Had they just been "minding their own business", so to speak I'd be significantly more sympathetic.

Back home in Pittsburgh, Dick’s Sporting Goods is virtue signalling by announcing that they will no longer sell AR15-pattern rifles (they did the same thing after Sandy Hook, but quietly resumed selling them after a brief time).

Since I never purchase goods from Dick’s, I have even more reason not to purchase from them now.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    GA Congress stripped Delta's corporate welfare, err special tax exemption, out of the bill and it passed.

Wading into politics just cost Delta close to $40 mil.

What'd we learn, kids?

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    GA Congress stripped Delta's corporate welfare, err special tax exemption, out of the bill and it passed.

What'd we learn, kids?

*edit*

My fault, actually $50 mil.

The $50 million sales tax exemption on jet fuel that was sought by Delta, one of Georgia’s biggest employers, had been included in a broader tax-relief bill. But this week, a number of Georgia Republicans, including Lt. Gov. Casey Cagle, sought to remove the perk as retribution for Delta’s decision... Georgia Senate overwhelmingly approved a version of the bill without the jet-fuel tax break. The House, which had already approved a version of the bill, also approved the change. ...

The legislation now goes to the desk of the Republican governor, Nathan Deal, who has pledged to sign it into law. But Mr. Deal is a supporter of the jet-fuel tax break, and he said he would sign the bill only because it also included a significant reduction in personal and corporate tax rates.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010

What'd we learn, kids?

1. When your physical operations are centered in one place. And the pajamas-wearing social media posters whose fleeting approval you covet (and who probably don't spend their money with you, anyway) live somewhere else...you might want to consider which side of your bread really has the butter on it, before you flip it on the floor.

2. There is scientifically-proven to be at least one place where Republican politicians are still able to think straight about issues affecting their average voter, when corporate donations are on the table.

3. That, sadly, the place described in (2) does not appear to be Indiana, which is still populated by "Republicans" who will claw their carotid arteries out, grabbing for their string of pearls and sputtering about the rule of law, upon hearing that someone 3 states away had the unmitigated gall to stand up to a source of corporate donations. (Before even bothering to learn the particulars...)

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    KYpVbsK.jpg

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...ra-dispute-costs-georgia-tax-break/388587002/

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    If delta wanted to step it up they could ban guns on their flights.

But you're not really hitting the point squarely on the head. Delta hasn't insinuated that "guns" are the problem. The "NRA" is.

"We have no problem with firearms ownership."

They don't want to kick the ball into our net. They just want us to remove our goalie from the game.

Top Bottom