Tyr 1 Training Corp.
    Training topics covered
    Weapon Safety
    Magazine Changes
    Engaging Multiple Targets
    Drawing from Holster
    Mindset

Cost $150 per person + $25 range fee for non NBRGC Members
    Never More than a 5/1 student to instructor ratio on the shooting line. Class size limited to 20.
    There will be a 1 hour break for lunch. Students that have brought extra ammo are welcome to bring lunch and stay at the range for extra instruction or remedial assistance.
    Questions can be emailed to lead instructor at tyr1training@gmail.com or call 219-369-3733
    Indiana LETB and Michigan MCOLES certified Department discounts available
    Make Checks payable to Tyr 1 Training Corporation. We also accept all major credit cards and Paypal $75 non refundable Deposit or Department PO secures your spot in the class. Full payment due by the class date.
    Unsafe gun handling or inability to follow range commands will result in dismissal from class with out refund.

jdhaines

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Toledo, OH
    Weapon Safety
    Magazine Changes
    Engaging Multiple Targets
    Drawing from Holster
    Mindset

I don't know your background that well (other than your bio) and I'm not sure how familiar you are with posting on forums about your classes, so don't take any undue offense at this.

You call your class "Fighting Fundamentals - Handgun" yet all of the topics you are going to cover seem to be more related to "basic gunhandling" "Intro to defensive pistol" or something similar. Are you going to cover anything actually related "fighting" and if so what? I can only speak for myself but if I went to a class called "fighting fundamentals-handgun" I would be disappointed with covering only the topics listed above. Perhaps some additional clarification would be useful. I'd hate to see an up and coming training company miss out on potential students due to a misunderstanding of course content.

And welcome to INGO by the way. I wish you guys the best of luck. We seem to be lucky in IN to have such a huge number of quality instructors in the area.

tyr1toby

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 27, 2012
    Northwest Indiana
    No offense taken. It appears that the class title did not impart to you what we had hoped. What was meant was these are the fundamentals needed in a gunfight. To explain a bit where this came from was from a prior class we hosted. We had some great shooters out for the intermediate class but we had a few that lacked the fundamentals. They knew gun safety and basic operation of the weapon system but lacked the fundamental manipulation skills to employ their handgun in a fight. This is a building block class between the basic safety and marksmanship, and a more advanced gunfighting class.

tyr1toby

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 27, 2012
    Northwest Indiana
    I will clarify this in this thread too. The class covers the fundamental gun handleing skill needed in a gun fight. These are the things that you need to have as second nature. So yes this has everything to do with gun fighting.

Top Bottom