FightLite SCR 5.56 Pistol: The New Hotness or Useless?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    Is it just me, or does anyone else get a bad feeling about how close some companies are skirting the NFA laws?

Also that thing is useless. Worst of both worlds just like the Shockwave.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Creative, sure. But, I'm curious about the mechanics of it. Re-orienting the buffer is novel, but I'd wait and see the long-term effectiveness of this change before jumping in.

If it works, though, it seems like a better mousetrap versus other AR pistol arrangements.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    I actually like the rifle, but not this.

Yeah, I hadn't known about those before. I'm kinda intrigued. Not enough to think about buying one, but I could see how it would fill a niche in the market.

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    201   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    Looks like :poop:. I don't really think any AR pistol fills a role. Or AK pistol for that matter.
    Wow, I hope they didn't put too much time into that thing. All my opinions of course, YMMV.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Well, in terms of practicality, I'm the last guy to ask. First, I have never needed - and hope never to need - an AR for the purposes for which it was intended. Mine have hunted 4 legged critters a bit, and that's it.

Second, I can see the utility of a short barreled, carbine-style AR. But, that's why I spent the money and SBR'd my favorite AR. I do have to say that a 10.5" barrel just seems to fit right. So, I understand why people would want a pistol AR to avoid the SBR cost.

Now, when would a 16" bbl really be not-as-good as a <16" bbl is open for debate. I really don't know. But, some people clearly prefer <16" bbls for a variety of uses.

roscott

Master
    Rating - 97.6%
    40   1   0
    Mar 1, 2009
    Yeah, I hadn't known about those before. I'm kinda intrigued. Not enough to think about buying one, but I could see how it would fill a niche in the market.

I was considering a Mini 14 as a lightweight farm truck gun, but all the reviews I’ve found say the SCR rifle > Mini 14. And I do like the look of them.

The pistol though... seems like it would only be useful on Firefly.

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    I concur with T lex
    M4 style AR can do it better I personally prefer the 16 inch barrel the nighttime light show the SBRs provide and added blast I don’t care for. I am not into the “brace thing” just don’t see an advantage over a AR?

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Now, when would a 16" bbl really be not-as-good as a <16" bbl is open for debate. I really don't know. But, some people clearly prefer <16" bbls for a variety of uses.

Other than "because cool" the only real use is as a suppressor host, IMO. Making the barrel shorter to give you room for a suppressor while still maintaining a easy to manage length. I've cleared a lot of buildings with a musket or 18" shotgun.

What these things generally do is lose the advantage of a long gun of having a third point of contact with your body for stability, easier to aim, easier to manage recoil, etc.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    I was considering a Mini 14 as a lightweight farm truck gun, but all the reviews I’ve found say the SCR rifle > Mini 14. And I do like the look of them.

Now that you mention it, my father in law and I hunt with an AR, but he's also mentioned he'd like a different gun - he just doesn't know what. The Mini 14 has come up in conversation, though. I may send him a link to that.

I've cleared a lot of buildings with a musket ....

Dude. How old ARE you?

;)

Top Bottom