• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • NIFT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 3, 2009
    Fort Wayne, Indiana
    The hero customer better have a FOID card, or he could be in big trouble, not to mention discharging a handgun that didin't belong to him!

Good thing for the customer it was Orland Park and not the city of Chicago.

I hope my remarks are simply sarcastic and not prophetic!

Armed Eastsider

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2010
    The customer who did the shooting should be honored as a hero, not tried in a court of law and treated like a criminal.

safarihunter

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Sep 24, 2009
    South Bend
    The customer (shooter) better get a good lawyer.

I wouldn't doubt that the guy that got shot or a relative of his isn't looking for a lawyer to sue the shooter.

turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts
    The hero customer better have a FOID card, or he could be in big trouble, not to mention discharging a handgun that didin't belong to him!

Good thing for the customer it was Orland Park and not the city of Chicago.

I hope my remarks are simply sarcastic and not prophetic!

I see I see.

:ingo:

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    It wasn't even the customer's gun. So he doesn't even need a FOID card.

Did anyone read the article?

I may be mistaken but in IL if you don't have an FOID card you can't touch a gun period! [If you are a resident of IL] Be it yours, the shops (ie. rental), one you plan on buying or in this case the robbers.

The BG died but I'm sure his family will say he was a poor soul ho was down and out on his life right now. Suspect they (family of BG) is looking for an ATTY right now to sue the guy.

On what grounds?
    The "hero" failed to use a
    whistle.jpg
    & instead took matters into his own hands. That is a no-no!

:faint:

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    "The employee told police a male customer had wrestled a gun away from the would-be robber and shot the man, the release said."

"The robber then pointed the gun at the male customer, police said, and ordered him to tie his hands together. Instead, the customer grabbed the handgun away from the robber. The robber then allegedly moved in a threatening way toward the customer, prompting the customer to shoot the robber."

They talked to a lawyer before the police and reporters arrived! :D

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Nice to see another piece of trash removed from the streets up there. Did anyone take a look at the link on that page that lists Chicago murders on a month by month basis? There were 32 in November. I cannot help but think there would have been less had some of those folks been able to defend themselves. The number of stabbing murders show that killers are killers no matter what weapons they do or don't have at their disposal. The number of gunshot murders along with the number of stabbings points to who, in Chicago has guns and who is simply prey for the criminals.

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    I may be mistaken but in IL if you don't have an FOID card you can't touch a gun period! [If you are a resident of IL] Be it yours, the shops (ie. rental), one you plan on buying or in this case the robbers. ...

Yes ... you are mistaken.

I am pretty sure it's the law in Illinois, you can't be charged with a violation of any local law related to possession or use of a firearm if you use that firearm to stop a felony that any reasonable person believes would result in death or grave bodily harm. The law was passed after the Hale DeMarr incident in Wilmette. (Repeat after me ... "I was in fear for my life.")

As far as the FOID card requirement, he has a rock solid legal defense under the Doctrine of Competing Harms and/or Doctrine of Necessity. Even if it is not codified into law, both doctrines are established legal precedent. A prosecutor would be commiting career/professional suicide to pursue charges in this case.

Top Bottom