• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Zephri

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 12, 2008
    Indianapolis, Northside.
    Finally bought a new one after a year and a half, and I gotta say it's torture not buying one for this long. The withdrawal from Czechgunitas was biting pretty bad (not to mention I've been wanting one of these for years), when I saw this rifle just HAD to buy it from the store racks.

So long story short I put it on layaway and here it sits.

Now I need some ammo and some range time. :ar15:

P1010005.jpg

P1010001.jpg

P1010003.jpg

P1010009.jpg

P1010006.jpg

P1010007.jpg

P1010008.jpg

Now I want a yugo ak.......crap! Here we go again.:):

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Got a VZ58 a while back and always have a great time with it when I take it out. About the only thing about mine is that it tosses the spent shells straight up, which can make follow up or second shots interesting when the brass falls back down in your line of sight. Or worse, lands on your arm!

Seriously, it is a great rifle, I hope you enjoy yours as much as I have enjoyed mine!!!

Zephri

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 12, 2008
    Indianapolis, Northside.
    That thing is hideous!.... I like it :D

The ulgyer the better, function is beauty. :):

Who makes it ? 7.62x39?
    Does it take AK mags? If not what mags does it take.

Technically Cz or what ever factories in the Czech republic make it, but it was made from a parts kit less the barrel (I think the barrel was made here) and receiver by Century Arms. Despite that everything minus the furniture looks brand new.

It shoots 7.62x39, and doesn't use ak mags. It uses mags made for the rifle I got four with mine so I'm pretty set, course I always need more mags.;)

As a side note I'm keeping it stock unless I shoot it and don't like the (pardon the pun) stock, then I'll replace it with the other stock stock ....oh my what have I done? :D:):

mammynun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 30, 2009
    New Albany
    The ulgyer the better, function is beauty. :):

Technically Cz or what ever factories in the Czech republic make it, but it was made from a parts kit less the barrel (I think the barrel was made here) and receiver by Century Arms. Despite that everything minus the furniture looks brand new.

It shoots 7.62x39, and doesn't use ak mags. It uses mags made for the rifle I got four with mine so I'm pretty set, course I always need more mags.;)

As a side note I'm keeping it stock unless I shoot it and don't like the (pardon the pun) stock, then I'll replace it with the other stock stock ....oh my what have I done? :D:):

So it's the VZ 2008 that J&G is selling? [strike]Or is a "real" VZ58?[/strike]

Last edited:

Zephri

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 12, 2008
    Indianapolis, Northside.
    So it's the VZ 2008 that J&G is selling? [strike]Or is a "real" VZ58?[/strike]

Yes it's a Vz2008, I'm, still going to call it a Vz-58 though (and theirs not a thing you can do about it ;)) just like people call Ak-47's Ak-47, and Ak-74's Ak-74. Even though their not that particular model and are only semi auto.

In other words (punage) it doesn't matter.

I'm not going to get into a terminology war.

Andre46996

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Hammond
    That thing is so gay!!!

Sorry couldn't resist I have waited a long time to use that, it is out I feel better now... LMAO

Interesting looking rifle, not for me but still interesting looking.

Range report needed.

Top Bottom