• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Zephri

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 12, 2008
    Indianapolis, Northside.
    How much and how plentiful are the mags, I have a chance to buy one but was not sure about the price and availablility of mags.

The mags used to be cheap, but now they seem to be expensive and somewhat hard to find.

Not that big of a deal for me though as I'm buying a yugo in the next few months so cheap mags for a x39 rifle shouldn't be a problem. Course they won't work for the vz.

Mad Anthony Wayne

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 27, 2011
    NE central Indiana
    You should call it a VZ-58 with pride. Lol! I've been checking these out pretty hard on line. They are going for a rock solid price right now, and I've read nothing but good reviews. Im torn between that rifle and another AR 15 for my next purchase. Very nice score my friend! Be sure to give us a detailed range report.

Zephri

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 12, 2008
    Indianapolis, Northside.
    Couldn't have bought this BEFORE the SKS shoot?
    Hehehe went to Bradis with Jon and Sean, like a day after the shoot and there it sat in the rack in all it's glory so I put it on layaway. Btw you and whoever else brought a mosin got Jon totally addicted to them, he put one on layaway. :):

I WISH I had it before the shoot, oh well there's always the next one!:D

You should call it a VZ-58 with pride. Lol! I've been checking these out pretty hard on line. They are going for a rock solid price right now, and I've read nothing but good reviews. Im torn between that rifle and another AR 15 for my next purchase. Very nice score my friend! Be sure to give us a detailed range report.

I most certainly will whenever I manage to get to the range, I've been wanting one of these for a few years now and now I have one so I have a reeeeealllly itchy trigger finger. :ar15:

Course before I shoot it I need more mags, I plan on buying at leats 10 or so soon, I'll also get rid of the slant brake (hate em ' they push the rifle down and to the left) and put a thread protector on.

Wabatuckian

Smith-Sights.com
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    Wabash
    I actually like that thing.

Best of the AK and SKS.

What did it set you back? I'm looking forward to a range report, too.

Josh

Zephri

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 12, 2008
    Indianapolis, Northside.
    I actually like that thing.

Best of the AK and SKS.

What did it set you back? I'm looking forward to a range report, too.

Josh

I paid about $485 for it, came with 4 mags and one mag pouch thingy. One of the guys behind the counter tried to sell me on a yugo for about the same price and I declined.

Course I'll be back for the yugo ;)

Wabatuckian

Smith-Sights.com
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    Wabash
    I was looking at buying one of these about a year ago, but it cost way too much (it was an original, don't think these were out yet, the one you have).

One like yours is exactly what I'm looking for. I love things about the SKS, and about the AK, and the one I was looking at was actually chambered in 5.56. 7.62 would work, though :D

Now, who has these?

And what's with the gay pride thing in your sig? Don't remember seeing that before. April 1st?

Josh

Zephri

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 12, 2008
    Indianapolis, Northside.
    I was looking at buying one of these about a year ago, but it cost way too much (it was an original, don't think these were out yet, the one you have).

One like yours is exactly what I'm looking for. I love things about the SKS, and about the AK, and the one I was looking at was actually chambered in 5.56. 7.62 would work, though :D

Now, who has these?

And what's with the gay pride thing in your sig? Don't remember seeing that before. April 1st?

Josh

I also remember them being waaay too much a couple of years ago, I about freaked when I saw them for the price now and was thinking "how'd they get that cheap all of a sudden!"

I do agree, the perfect mix between the sks and the ak.
    I bought mine from Bradis and it think it was the only one they had.

As for the pride flag in my avatar.
    I came out of the closet late last year, it was the best thing I could of ever done and I'm not going to hide it, course I don't flaunt it either, well...maybe sometimes :):.

Wabatuckian

Smith-Sights.com
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    Wabash
    Gotcha'. Just never noticed it before. My cuz, a former Navy SEAL, is a pre-op transsexual. It's been sort of tough, actually having it hit that close.

But, you know, the way I figure it anymore (and I used to be way against it), is what you do in you home and wherever as long as it doesn't hurt me, well, it's really not my business.

Sort of like open carrying. Someone decides to open carry, OK, maybe they sometimes do it to show off. Most times, no. It's just their preferred style.

Regardless, it's nobody's business but theirs whether they open or conceal carry.

Same thing with the gay thing. My cuz remains the only person I can talk to about a few things due to his security clearance, and he can relate. Just because he has a "birth defect" (if you can all it that; a physically proven woman's mind in a man's body; I saw the CAT and MRI scans), does not make him any less to me. He still bled for his country several times, and he still understands me best. I had decided years before then that I "nothing" a person's choice of lifestyle as long as it doesn't hurt me, and I'm proud to say I was tested and found my redefined morals to be solid on the subject.

Regardless, I do have one thing against you flying that rainbow: The damned thing hurts my eyes, man! I dunno what it is, but I'm sitting here typing this, and I see it in my peripheral vision, but it's almost as noticeable as the words I'm spelling! Makes it hard to concentrate on typing!

It's as distracting as if you'd have a flashing avatar, or one of those pics I used to have in my sig line with the bug crawling all around! Aaaaargh!

Sorry for the thread drift.

Josh

Zephri

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 12, 2008
    Indianapolis, Northside.
    Gotcha'. Just never noticed it before. My cuz, a former Navy SEAL, is a pre-op transsexual. It's been sort of tough, actually having it hit that close.

But, you know, the way I figure it anymore (and I used to be way against it), is what you do in you home and wherever as long as it doesn't hurt me, well, it's really not my business.

Sort of like open carrying. Someone decides to open carry, OK, maybe they sometimes do it to show off. Most times, no. It's just their preferred style.

Regardless, it's nobody's business but theirs whether they open or conceal carry.

Same thing with the gay thing. My cuz remains the only person I can talk to about a few things due to his security clearance, and he can relate. Just because he has a "birth defect" (if you can all it that; a physically proven woman's mind in a man's body; I saw the CAT and MRI scans), does not make him any less to me. He still bled for his country several times, and he still understands me best. I had decided years before then that I "nothing" a person's choice of lifestyle as long as it doesn't hurt me, and I'm proud to say I was tested and found my redefined morals to be solid on the subject.

Regardless, I do have one thing against you flying that rainbow: The damned thing hurts my eyes, man! I dunno what it is, but I'm sitting here typing this, and I see it in my peripheral vision, but it's almost as noticeable as the words I'm spelling! Makes it hard to concentrate on typing!

It's as distracting as if you'd have a flashing avatar, or one of those pics I used to have in my sig line with the bug crawling all around! Aaaaargh!

Sorry for the thread drift.

Josh

No problem, honestly I've been thinking of changing it to oooohh shiny!!!!!!!!. *chases after shiny object*

*rushes back* Oh sorry, what were we talking about again? :D

Looking for mags, what is the name it goes by when looking for mags?

I just googled vz-58 mags.

Gator762

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 26, 2011
    They are great rifles, I've had one for about 4-5 months and never a jam in about 900-1000 rounds. That folding stock gives a little cheek slap so i wrapped it with para cord and problem solved. The vz2008(vz58) is what I was looking for in a go to rifle for 4-5 years.

Gator762

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 26, 2011
    Oh ya. You can get mags for you're vz58 at czechpoint.com for $13. You can get other parts just go to Google vz58 parts it will give other sites. those mags for $13 are surplus, I've bought some and they need a little cleaning.

Top Bottom