• ...and so much more!
  • Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Trash can? Well then that's some damn fine shooting!

The next thing to look at is the bolt. If you have some calipers measure it and see how close head space is to .042. You can lap it down yourself if you know what you're doing. Radius the rear so it cocks the hammer easier. You can also use a BB smashed into the firing pin channel to keep it from flopping around. All of this helped reduce group size & fliers on my guns.

Yep. The green one in the bottom pic of my first post. It was the best option I had at the moment. Thanks.

I don't have any calipers and honestly, I'm happy with the rifle the way it is.......for now. Who knows what will happen in a year or so.

Last edited:

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Ive seen a company that will take your bolt and match it to your barrel, as well as pinning the firing pin so it doesnt flop around. When done he jewels the exposed part of the bolt. He claims near bolt gun accuracy afterward.

Wish I could remember who it was. Would love to do mine when I get the money. As I recall the price wasnt outrageous.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Well I guess I just upgraded the scope. I cashed in my safety reward points at work and got a Vortex Crossfire II 4-12 × 44 with the V plex rectile. It is free. :rockwoot:

roscott

Master
    Rating - 97.5%
    39   1   0
    Mar 1, 2009
    A big rig company that offers shooting accessories as a reward system? Either I have your job confused, or you work for a great company! :rockwoot:

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    A big rig company that offers shooting accessories as a reward system? Either I have your job confused, or you work for a great company! :rockwoot:

The rewards program is through Staples. I think they have some deal with Cabelas as they had a lot of Cabelas scopes and other accessories.

I work for a major corporation that happens to have it's own trucks, not a trucking company. It's confusing, I know.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    Ive seen a company that will take your bolt and match it to your barrel, as well as pinning the firing pin so it doesnt flop around. When done he jewels the exposed part of the bolt. He claims near bolt gun accuracy afterward.

Wish I could remember who it was. Would love to do mine when I get the money. As I recall the price wasnt outrageous.

Connecticut Precision Chambering. Straight up good people. The boss still answers the phone and shoots competitions.

1DOWN4UP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 25, 2015
    North of 30
    Well I guess I just upgraded the scope. I cashed in my safety reward points at work and got a Vortex Crossfire II 4-12 × 44 with the V plex rectile. It is free. :rockwoot:
    Nice Rifle! Does anyone run a large scope and still use their ironsights?I too want to jump to a 44 mm.

Last edited:

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Had some time to head to the range this morning. I inly took my this 10/22. I had a proper shooting bench this time. No more trash can. :rockwoot:
    I tried a bunch of different ammo and most were so-so. The Remington Cyclone did decent but the CCI standard velocity was by far the best. I shot this group at 100 yards. It was a 5 shot group. 3 weee ia 1/2" group and the other 2 were a few inches lower but in another 1/2" group. I was aiming at the top of the target to compensate for bullet drop and the difference could has easily been me. I was thrilled with the results.

GYr99L0.jpg

I'm waiting on my Vortex to get here. I'll probably update the rings in the process.

Last edited:

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola

The rewards program is through Staples. I think they have some deal with Cabelas as they had a lot of Cabelas scopes and other accessories.

I work for a major corporation that happens to have it's own trucks, not a trucking company. It's confusing, I know.

It was done through Cabelas, then Staples.
    wHLQXDa.jpg

Top Bottom