• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 17, 2010
    Freedom , yes really Freedom
    Just another showing off post ................
    Finally found a back up gun for my S&W 500mag 8 3/8th revolver ............ its the 4" S&W 500mag revolver ...
    The wife just rolled her eyes at me , but I can tell she will want to give it a chance next nice day out that we shoot (hopefully Sunday)
    I have 275gr, 300gr, 350gr, 400gr, 450gr, 500gr and 700gr ammo to give it a try, thinking the 700gr are going to be like smacking your hand with a 2"x4" out of that 4" barrel.
    The real problem is finding a good shoulder rig to where i can carry both :)

For those unfamiliar with the 500mag ammo I included some at the top of the pic with a 2 1/2" 12g and a 30-06 round

2iih36x.jpg

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 17, 2010
    If you can carry both of those daily, more power to you!

I really don't think i will need any MORE power :)

If he carries both of those daily, he'll have legs like phone poles.

Really only used for hunting and the only "every day" application I can think of is putting a stop to an engine block or maybe an open carry event :)

ngroark

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 21, 2011
    Greensburg
    Cool man. I am hoping to take one with my s&w 29, just a matter of how much woods time I get. Deer need to be thinned out and make good table meat too, good luck!!

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Dec 17, 2010
    Good luck as well, especially handgun hunting. I understand the field time, life just gets busy. I keep threatening to hunt at my work (in town) because there are so many deer staring at me every other day. They seem extra thick this year, so hopefully i can get one without a ton of field time.

dontcha

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 10, 2013
    United States
    baloney. Only if it's a pretty small something. Like a chipmunk. 40 years ago, I knew a guy who had about a dozen Smith revolvers of which he was very proud. he mounted them in nice picture frames, on red velvet, and hung them on the walls of his house, some of which could be seen thru outside windows! Within a few months, all were stolen. i've never put a picture of any gun on the Net, and never will, either.

Top Bottom