• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I dunno, I don't see Diaz as being anything better than Jake Shields and he came up short in a much hyped fight but anything can happen I suppose.

Cwood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 30, 2008
    NE Ohio
    Diaz is a cardio machine with way better hands than GSP. Not to mention the best Jiu-Jitsu in MMA. UFC 137, GSP loses title!

I am not a GSP fan but I do not see him losing. I think it will be a good fight but it will go to GSP.

tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington
    Diaz is a cardio machine with way better hands than GSP. Not to mention the best Jiu-Jitsu in MMA. UFC 137, GSP loses title!

and GSP isn't a cardio guy? not to mention diaz is less than stellar against wrestlers and GSP is one of the best wrestlers in the game today. being submitted? BJ penn is as good if not better on the ground than diaz and we know how that turned out.

Last edited:

iChokePeople

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Feb 11, 2011

Best BJJ in MMA? Diaz? Have you ever heard of Roger Gracie? Jacare Souza? I think this will be another boring fight. Diaz has the better hands, but GSP won't let it stay there. It looks like another Greg Jackson 'smart/safe' gameplan to me. Diaz can't stop GSP's takedowns, GSP by long, boring decision.

INMIline

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 17, 2009
    Indiana/Michigan line
    IMO he has the best Jiu-Jitsu "for" MMA. You can't tell me his guard isn't top notch. Yes I have heard of Roger Gracie & Jacare. I will admit that I forgot about Greg Jackson's game plans. But still, how can he show GSP how to stall with a guy that can make something happen?

Will you be at the Hoosier Open iChokePeople?

Best BJJ in MMA? Diaz? Have you ever heard of Roger Gracie? Jacare Souza? I think this will be another boring fight. Diaz has the better hands, but GSP won't let it stay there. It looks like another Greg Jackson 'smart/safe' gameplan to me. Diaz can't stop GSP's takedowns, GSP by long, boring decision.

iChokePeople

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Feb 11, 2011
    IMO he has the best Jiu-Jitsu "for" MMA. You can't tell me his guard isn't top notch. Yes I have heard of Roger Gracie & Jacare. I will admit that I forgot about Greg Jackson's game plans. But still, how can he show GSP how to stall with a guy that can make something happen?

Will you be at the Hoosier Open iChokePeople?

Very good off his back, very respectable BJJ, still not with you on best, even 'for MMA'. Good enough that he COULD catch anyone, if they get lazy for half a second, but I don't see GSP doing that. He's been bringing Roger and Braulio in for his BJJ training... I think it's one of those classic MMA 'problems', like GSP/Shields or Anderson Silva v. Maia. Are Maia and Shields better on the ground? Probably so. But you have to solve a problem first. In this case, I don't think Diaz can solve that problem. He *could* catch GSP with his very dangerous hands, he *could* catch GSP getting lazy and diving in for some GnP... I just wouldn't put my money there.

Hoosier Open -- I might be there supporting my teammates (Team McVicker), but not competing this year.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    *Yawn*

Just another boring, 50-45 GSP victory.

Edit:

To anyone that thinks Diaz is going to win:

I will sig line bet anyone here that GSP wins...If he wins, I get to pick your sig line for 1 month and if Diaz wins, you get to pick mine.

CTC B4Z

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    nUe-ten Kownt
    not ordering this one.... every fight I have ever seen GSP in I fell asleep halfway in.... boring......

I want them to force him to battle the Spider

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    the ufc is throwing another lamb to the slaughter by throwing diazz to gsp

Every WW is a lamb compared to GSP; he's just on a completely different level.

He really needs to step up to MW, but I won't blame him if he doesn't like so many other people do...It's not his fault he kicks everyone's ass at his weight class, but on the other hand he's so dominant that he's boring to watch.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    Every WW is a lamb compared to GSP; he's just on a completely different level.

He really needs to step up to MW, but I won't blame him if he doesn't like so many other people do...It's not his fault he kicks everyone's ass at his weight class, but on the other hand he's so dominant that he's boring to watch.

i think the only reason he has not bumped to middle wieght is he doesn't cut much wieght to make 170. i read a report that said he walks around @ 174. most fighters that bump up a class just cut less wieght.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    i think the only reason he has not bumped to middle wieght is he doesn't cut much wieght to make 170. i read a report that said he walks around @ 174. most fighters that bump up a class just cut less wieght.

We have read different sources then...I've heard 195-200lbs before training starts.

GSP has been bigger than everyone he's faced.

Top Bottom