• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rugertoter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2011
    N.E. Corner
    I just got back from the range and I love it! It had waaay less recoil than I expected it to have. Wasn't very accurate with the sight canted and the closest I could shoot it at the range I went to was 50 yards. They also don't allow rapid fire and I felt like I was driving a muscle car at 25... I can't wait to get on private property and let her wide open!

I had no failures and no issues with the gun. I found some ammo at Cabela's that was a only $5.99 for 20 rounds. Wasn't sure if that was cheap or not, but it was within my price range.
    Don't put much thought into the ammo, those guns are made to run steel case because that is what the ComBloc countries used to use. I had a lot of brass cased ammo beat to hell by mine so I would just save your money and buy the steel. Happy shooting.:cool:

rbrthenderson

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    The Moon
    Don't put much thought into the ammo, those guns are made to run steel case because that is what the ComBloc countries used to use. I had a lot of brass cased ammo beat to hell by mine so I would just save your money and buy the steel. Happy shooting.:cool:

I noticed that after a few runs through the rifle, my snap caps I bought are scratched like crazy. My other snap caps look like that but it takes time, and these were only after a few cycles.

Overall, I'm really happy with the purchase and now I can start looking for some tacticool stuff to stick on it....;)

Raptor2014

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 5, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    Nice WASR-10. Not sure if you're content with the furniture on the gun, but I sanded/stained all mine, and it looks immaculate now. Raises the value of the gun no doubt, and perks it up a bit as well :D

rbrthenderson

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    The Moon
    Nice WASR-10. Not sure if you're content with the furniture on the gun, but I sanded/stained all mine, and it looks immaculate now. Raises the value of the gun no doubt, and perks it up a bit as well :D

What process did you go through to do this. As near as I can tell, the furniture is nailed on?:dunno:

TREETOP

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Feb 26, 2011
    Carmel/Westfield
    What process did you go through to do this. As near as I can tell, the furniture is nailed on?:dunno:

Buttstock:
    Remove top cover, remove recoil spring assembly, look down from the top and you'll see two flathead screws- one in the tang and one in the rear trunnion. Remove these, then tug the stock out. It may require some encouragement.

Top handguard:
    With the above still apart, now remove the bolt carrier. The gas piston is attached to the bolt carrier and rides inside the gas tube (some people hate when people call it a gas tube, I don't care though). This is done by pulling it fully to the rear and then lifting it up and out. Next there's a lever on the right side of the rifle just forward of the rear sight. Rotate this clockwise approximately 90 degrees, this will free up the gas tube assembly for removal. Once the gas tube is out, you can twist the wood handguard free from the gas tube itself. Sometimes a vise helps, snug the rear portion of the gas tube lightly in the vise on the rear flats. The wood just rotates out.

Bottom handguard:
    With the above still apart, inside the front handguard retainer there's a small lever. With a flathead screwdriver or other tool, rotate this lever up and forward. This will release the front handguard retainer. The retainer can now be slid forward on the barrel, and the bottom handguard can be pushed/pried forward and down away from the rifle.

Assembly is just the above but in reverse, the only possibly tricky part is making sure the bolt is sitting in the carrier the same way it came out.

Hopefully this helps. I'd bet there are disassembly videos on YouTube if my words were confusing at all.

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    Overall, I'm really happy with the purchase and now I can start looking for some tacticool stuff to stick on it....;)

crapoffmyak.jpg

Embrace the "tactical plywood and sheet metal.

Top Bottom