Finally got my wife to the range today and got a suprise!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bogus

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 16, 2009
    Columbus area
    After talking about it for quite some time, my wife decided to go to the range today to shoot my new Ruger SR9c. I was thrilled! She has run the gamut from questioning my reasoning to not, no personal interest whatsoever to well, some. I'll take it. Really, after today's range session she had a blast and noted that she thought it was really good for her to know how to use my pistols.

I got a huge surprise out of her today. Totally unexpected. I took my full size M&P 40 with me today for her just to "experience". I figured she would really like the compact size of the Ruger SR9c and light recoil of the 9mm ammo. Reality was just the opposite! She had a really hard time getting shots on the paper consistently. She could not see the sights well. She got nervous and almost quit all together. Fortunately, she agreed to give the M&P .40 a try.

Wow! She did fantastic! I would guess 80% of her shots were within the 7 ring on a Dirty Bird silhouette target. She liked the way the M&P handled, including the recoil (even though harder) than the Ruger. I'm guessing the natural point and longer barrel of the full size M&P had the biggest impact for her.

I really don't care which one she prefers. I'm hoping she eventually gets interested enough that we might check-out adding an M&Pc to our family.
    :D

:+1: For Buzz815 for showing her his site picture card to help her with her sight alignment issues with the SR9c.

Ruger SR9c:
    IMG_20100919_153641.jpg

M&P .40:
    IMG_20100919_160141.jpg

:ingo:

johnsmith

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 10, 2010
    Fort Wayne, Indiana
    Congrats! It is really fun to share this sport with your spouse. I had a similar experience with my wife yesterday. See if you can talk her into getting her LTCH. She doesn't have to carry, just get the permit. We need more people on that list of gun owners to discourage politicians from infringing on us.

bogus

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 16, 2009
    Columbus area
    I agree. It will also be nice for this to become an option for a "family" activity as well. Not that it's not nice for just father/son time, but we would enjoy mom to join in as well.

Vic_Mackey

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Beastside
    It's a good day when you can make the ol wifey see the light. It took me four years of her watching and declining to shoot. I got her out to New Castle and she ran through my .40 cal, 12ga, and the M4.....and she LOVED it! At the end of the day I got to teach her how to do all the assembly and disassembly and even timed her. She said the same thing your wife did "it's good to know that I can take care of business if I have to". No carry permit yet, but she's thinking about it very hard lol Congrats!

Top Bottom