• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bonzaiberger

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 3, 2009
    Milan
    I have been wanting a 22TCM since they have came out, and I now own one! I was concerned with it being a double stack that it would be just too thick in the grip but it is actually pretty comfortable. The quality is nice and the performance...WOW! What a fun gun to shoot!
    Now the down side...I'm going to need a lot more ammo!:rockwoot:

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    I've heard good things about the TCM, but I've never handled one. I own 2 RIA's and love them both.
    Rumor has it that RIA is coming out with a rifle in the TCM...Your gonna need a lot more ammo if you pick one of those up. On the plus side I read somewhere that you can buy the components to roll your own.

copperhead-1911

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 19, 2013
    New Castle
    I have been interested in one as well. I was more interested in it because of the 9mm in 1911 platform. Before all the crap with possible gun grabs I think I had seen some for like the high fives to $620.

I hear the .22tcm will penetrate body armor.

What I liked is that like the op said the grip is not really that wide. it actually seemed slimmer than my glock 17. That could be my imagination, but I have thought about getting one because of how much I like the 1911 trigger. I carry a colt 1911 .45 acp, but it is always nice to have the extra rounds.

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Salem
    I picked one up from INGO'er NHT3. These things are as fun as it gets. 17 rounds of fun in a reasonably sized 1911 package. I can't do glocks that well due to the size of my hands, but the TCM is quite comfortable.

My personal feeling is that these guns are a winner. And if you don't like the TCM round - switch barrels to the 9mm.

I haven't had time to run a lot of ammo through mine - but these are worthy of attention.

FYI - The one I bought from Charlie (NHT3) has an awesome trigger on it. He had refined the sights and the trigger from the stock one. I compared it to a stock one and it was night and day. That made it even more fun to shoot.

WWalker

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 19, 2012
    I think Armscor has a bolt action rifle chambered for this round now, would like to see a carbine for it, seems like that little round just screams for it to be made, maybe like an M1 carbine platform

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Salem
    I would think that the 22 TCM would be a great round for small game up to and including coyote. But there's a lot of good rounds (like 5.56) that are much more common. It's a terrific round for a pistol, though. I could also see a carbine - since the interchangeability with the TCM 1911 would be a great thing.

It sounds like they are getting 2800 fps out of the rifle barrel - and with minimal recoil. There's a lot to like about that, if it was a carbine.

As for the whole "will it penetrate body armor" thing - I for one am not big on even posing that question. That's what gets certain cartridges labelled as "cop killer" rounds and other such horse manure.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    As ArmedProgrammer knows I really like mine also and I'm on the waiting list for the Commander size ( the only reason I sold one to ArmedProgrammer) .. It's even more fun to shoot than my G-34 and that's saying something. Maybe we should start a TCM group? :)
    [FONT=&quot]NRA Life member [/FONT][FONT=&quot]GSSF member[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    Gunsite graduate Certified Glock armorer[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]1911 Mechanic[/FONT]

Top Bottom