• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    I want to SBR my HK94 and suppress it. I assume this will be TWO stamps? Se that is what keeps me from doing it, I really can't see $400 to replace my current barrel with a three lug short one and a suppressor. This is a real HK94 I have had for a very long time so I would rather be able to put it back to original one day that change it forever. The guy I once partnered with as a gunsmith is a real HK guy and will be the one I use to do the work. I give him the parts, he does the work and he has the license to also handle the paperwork. So what all do I need to do and will I need two stamps? Is a trust still the way to go or have things changed? Thanks

main.php

ljk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    May 21, 2013
    1st stamp is for the short barrel, for sure.

you do need a stamp for a suppressor, not necessarily just for your HK94.

you can share the same suppressor with different guns.

Trust, is still the way to good.

I would find a new barrel to get cut and threaded and keep the original barrel.

croy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Apr 22, 2012
    Indiana
    If you manufacturer a SBR your going to have to engrave the receiver. I'm thinking you should just cut the barrel you have now because it will never be original after its been engraved

digitalrebel80

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 97.4%
    38   1   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    New Whiteland
    Per the atf instructions
    The serial number must be engraved or stamped on the receiver of the firearm and the caliber, model, and identification of the maker must be engraved on the barrel or frame or receiver of the weapon. The marking and identification requirements for a maker are the same as for a manufacturer.

5320-8 chapter 6

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    Please keep it coming. I am going to look for th barrel now and get gunsmith then make a trust and and and and why can't it be s easy as cutting off th barel and then go shooting?

ryknoll3

Master
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    M60 Joe cut the barrel down on my MKE and threaded it for 3-lug. That is an option as well. I think the cost was somewhere around $225 with the adapter, that was 4 years ago or so.

M60Joe

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Per the atf instructions
    The serial number must be engraved or stamped on the receiver of the firearm and the caliber, model, and identification of the maker must be engraved on the barrel or frame or receiver of the weapon. The marking and identification requirements for a maker are the same as for a manufacturer.

5320-8 chapter 6
    i did this with my first SBR, 10 years ago now. Engraved my info on the barrel.

Slade

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 15, 2008
    Evansvile
    If it were mine, I would send it to a reputable HK smith. My 94 has the original barrel cut, threaded and a 3 lug adapter installed. I also had the paddle magazine release installed. I then had the gun refinished. For mine I used Investment Grade Firearms.

JollyMon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2012
    Westfield, IN
    If you engrave it on the barrel... what happens at they end of that barrels life..... I was under the impression you would not be able to just buy another barrel and engrave the same info on it.... basically it would be another 200 stamp and wait..... correct me if I am wrong.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    If you engrave it on the barrel... what happens at they end of that barrels life..... I was under the impression you would not be able to just buy another barrel and engrave the same info on it.... basically it would be another 200 stamp and wait..... correct me if I am wrong.
    Engrave the new barrel. I'll never shoot that much nor will most people.

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    The guy I was in business with before as a gunsmith is a very good HK smith. He can do it all for me but since he rarely does NFA stl,,he is too busy with the area police weapons, he doesn't do much other work. He still has the right FFL's of course though. Thanks a lot though as it is the details I need to study up on. I will have to gather a barrel and whatever else in parts he'll need too. I am getting excited, this is my first one. ;)

upchurch67

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 15, 2011
    Per the atf instructions

5320-8 chapter 6

There is already a serial number on the receiver, right?. You don't have to add another just because you are making an SBR. From the rule you quoted above, if you are doing on a form 1, you become the maker and can engrave on the barrel.

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    Hell I remember a video MAC made a couple of years ago where he stamped his info on the barrel with a set of letter punches and a hammer!

ryknoll3

Master
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    The SOT I go to showed me his first NFA weapon he made before he had his license. He engraved his lower with an electro-pencil. Looked like crap, but met the legal requirements.

The only info that can not be altered or remarked is the original serial #. The mfg name can be moved, remarked, etc...

I would engrave on the barrel on a real HK. Do it again if you ever have to swap barrels.

On my MKE I had converted, they engraved down in the receiver rail where the collapsible stock rails ride. You can't see it unless you're looking for it.

Top Bottom