• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • turnerdye1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    63   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    North Central IN
    its taken me awhile but i think i finally have a good sized stockpile going. i plan on adding whenever i can. right now i have 1400 .223, 900 9mm, and a few hundred 7.62x54R. im happy with what i have but its kinda addicting. everytime i go into town i end up buying ammo. i think its a decent stockpile..not bad for a broke college student

gunman41mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    SOUTH of YOU
    its taken me awhile but i think i finally have a good sized stockpile going. i plan on adding whenever i can. right now i have 1400 .223, 900 9mm, and a few hundred 7.62x54R. im happy with what i have but its kinda addicting. everytime i go into town i end up buying ammo. i think its a decent stockpile..not bad for a broke college student

Young grasshopper, A gun with no ammo, is just a heavy paper weight:D So buy as much ammo as you can:yesway:

turnerdye1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    63   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    North Central IN
    im doing what i can haha. its usually 20 or 40 rounds at a time. i just did a bulk purchases which helped a lot lol. 9mm is harder for me since im 19. im happy with what i have but wont stop buying anytime soon for sure

Slapstick

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2010
    That's a good start and more than most people I know have on hand. Like you said picking up a box or two when you can afford it quickly adds up. Now just remember to shoot some of it to stay in practice. All the ammo in the world will not do a lick of good unless you can hit your target!

g+16

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 8, 2009
    anytime you can stock ammo is good, reloading brass is a plus, steel don't always work with everything I have

sakima

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    New Albany, IN
    Ammo

You're doing good compared the the college students I know. I think we all start relatively the same way, at leas t I know I did. Now that I've stashed enough, I have turned my attention to reloading and acquiring all the stuff to do that. The good thing is I have my own steady supply of brass. :):

I agree on the steel case ammo being relatively cheap, but the supply will run dry one day. I only have two rifles that I use steel case ammo for. I'll cross that bridge then.

Like Slapstick said, just remember to shoot...

gunman41mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    SOUTH of YOU
    im doing what i can haha. its usually 20 or 40 rounds at a time. i just did a bulk purchases which helped a lot lol. 9mm is harder for me since im 19. im happy with what i have but wont stop buying anytime soon for sure

You can buy ammo from GRAF & SON, they only charge $7.00 shipping no matter how much ammo you buy:yesway: I also buy ammo from AIM SURPLUS, CENTERFIRE SYSTEM, & SPORTMANS GUIDE:twocents:

ViperJock

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Fort Wayne-ish
    Nice start. As a student it is difficult to prep so kudos. Don't forget to store food, water, and other supplies as well. Some people think they will just go take it from others. Not only is that reprehensible, but it is dangerous. Who do you think will have food stored? Preppers, survivalists and the like. What other things do you think they are likely to store? Probably a zombie gun. (not saying anyone on INGO would do that, but I see it in the forums elsewhere and it pisses me off.)

I read Patriots by JW Rawles a while back. Some of it is either over the top or pretty much impossible for most of us, but he pointed out some interesting stuff to store that I had not considered. It is hard to read though. Lots of good ideas, pretty bad story telling, lol.

Lock n Load

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    146   0   0
    May 1, 2008
    FFort
    OP its defiantely a good start....

I try to buy all year and reload during the winter months... it all adds up. The reloads are for the range trips and the new especially cased ammo is for storage purposes.

Dont forget to lock up some of the ammo, cases are worth what firearms are now !!!

ammolocker.jpg

turnerdye1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    63   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    North Central IN
    thanks a lot guys. reloading always tempts me. i start thinking about getting into it then i find a reason not too..its weird. one day i know ill get into it. i just dont know when. im also getting ready to buy a house so ill wait until i get settled in and everything until i invest in safes and a reloading room and what not. for now its a closet in my parents house

sakima

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    New Albany, IN
    I can relate to your comment about having a reason to reload. I had thought about reloading for years and most of my shooting friends reload. Early last year, I came across a really nice .308 bolt rifle and while it can reach way out there, it only likes ammo that has the word Match on the box. :):

I figured that I could reload for it cheaper than buy Match ammo for it. So the quest has begun and I'm liking the results so far. Once you get set for on caliber, then you start thinking...I can reload this and this and...well you probably get my drift.

Sounds like you have a plan...just don't try to bite off too much at a time...you'll get there...

turnerdye1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    63   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    North Central IN
    i really only shoot .223 and 9mm. i just buy surplus 7.62 because its just my long range plinking gun. if shtf itll be my AR and Glock doing the work.

once i get my house ill end up reloading. right now i just dont have the room lol. i hardly have enough for my ammo and few guns i have

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    Knob Creek is coming up very soon and I plan on adding to my stockpile as well. But a 1911 is so damn fun to shoot that it's hard to stockpile .45acp ammo :D

But down there, once reloaded 9 mil ammo is pretty cheap and comes in vast quantities :ar15:

Top Bottom