Not open for further replies.

KMaC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 4, 2016
    Indianapolis
    It is virtue signaling.

Yep. The goal is to get a couple preachers some publicity as activist peacemakers. It has nothing to do with reducing the number of shootings.
    Well, maybe a potential shooter would turn in his stolen Jennings Jam-o-matic for $50 that will go towards a more reliable gun.

bgcatty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel
    Whoopee! Another ridiculous gun buy back program, for what? Are the criminals really going to turn in their “Fortays” for $50 or $100? Seriously? Oh are the criminals that broke into several gun shops over the summer going to turn in those guns they stole? Oh are the criminals who have been shooting up Indianapolis this summer going to turn in those weapons? And are the depraved gang animals that have been shooting, allegedly, randomly all over Indy going to turn in their guns? Why don’t the sponsors of this buy back do something useful and concentrate on tracking down these criminals, arresting them, denying bail as needed and put the system to work instead of worrying about the rights of known criminals. Peace. Out. Because my head hurts when I see this Bravo Sierra.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Whoopee! Another ridiculous gun buy back program, for what? Are the criminals really going to turn in their “Fortays” for $50 or $100? Seriously? Oh are the criminals that broke into several gun shops over the summer going to turn in those guns they stole? Oh are the criminals who have been shooting up Indianapolis this summer going to turn in those weapons? And are the depraved gang animals that have been shooting, allegedly, randomly all over Indy going to turn in their guns? Why don’t the sponsors of this buy back do something useful and concentrate on tracking down these criminals, arresting them, denying bail as needed and put the system to work instead of worrying about the rights of known criminals. Peace. Out. Because my head hurts when I see this Bravo Sierra.

Or they could bring back the "Wanted - Dead or Alive" posters for these known criminals (released by Terry "I never met a criminal I didn't want to release" Curry) and offer a bounty. Personally, I'd rather get a fat bounty for removing a criminal from the street than a 50 dollar gift card for an old gun.

JJFII

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 1, 2018
    Anderson
    I will double their offer....where is this event and we all need to set up a booth. INGO BUYS YOUR GUN HERE!!!!

Legal representation on hand.
    Printed BoS for the seller to fill out and keep if they want.
    ALL BOUGHT FIREARMS WILL HAVE THEIR SERIAL NUMBERS GIVEN TO POLICE FOR STOLEN FIREARM CHECK.

Signs....

PAYING $200 FOR COLT PYTHONS...ANY CONDITION

PAYING $100 FOR AR15, AK47 OR OTHER SEMIAUTOMATIC RIFLES...ANY CONDITION

PAYING $150 FOR U.S. WORLD WAR II FIREARMS..ANY CONDITION

Last edited:

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    [FONT=&quot]Couple of pastors involved. Probably going to happen at a church. One of the pastors said "This would not be a buyback program for some rusted revolver that doesn't work. It's more designed for weapons that are being used for crime on our streets." Good luck with that!

[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]It will work if they're giving a $500 gift card and a lifetime get-out-of-jail-free card. [/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    It makes me so happy to know that this effort will make criminals turn in their firearms and then become model citizens.

BGDave

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    207   0   0
    Sep 15, 2011
    Beech Grove
    on what grounds?
    and what happen to the ingoer that it did happen to
    Just quoting you because, well, you asked first.
    Basically, he was harshing the agenda. And to tamp down others who would do the same thing. As I recall he was held for a short time and released after being re-educated. Let them do their thing and hold on to your Titans and Jennings. Wait for cash.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I'm a cop. I'll give your AR a decent, loving, crime-free home for a $100 gift card. This isn't a sting. It won't be at a police station. (Unlike the geniuses who put this sort of feel-good BS together, I will run the S/N for stolen, though)

Pretend this is an ad ;)
    I'm not a cop, I dont run serial numbers or lock people up. I verbaly ask that you be an Indiana resident and not a improper person and legally able to conduct a firearm transaction. If you meet these requirements, I have cash for your guns. I will give them a loving home. More cash than the coppers :):

Obviously I'm not looking to buy stolen guns.

Beowulf

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    I will double their offer....where is this event and we all need to set up a booth. INGO BUYS YOUR GUN HERE!!!!

Legal representation on hand.
    Printed BoS for the seller to fill out and keep if they want.
    ALL BOUGHT FIREARMS WILL HAVE THEIR SERIAL NUMBERS GIVEN TO POLICE FOR STOLEN FIREARM CHECK.

Signs....

PAYING $200 FOR COLT PYTHONS...ANY CONDITION

PAYING $100 FOR AR15, AK47 OR OTHER SEMIAUTOMATIC RIFLES...ANY CONDITION

PAYING $150 FOR U.S. WORLD WAR II FIREARMS..ANY CONDITION

Im pretty tempted to do this (not including labeling anything with INGO).

Anyone else down for some civil (and very polite) disobedience? More importantly, any INGO lawyers willing to take a call representing us if we get detained?

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I'd love to do it but I try to avoid a guaranteed boot on my neck unless it's really something worth fighting for. Increasing my firearm collection, not one of those things. Keeping my right to bear arms, Yep deffinately one of those things.
    That's just me. More guns for you after you get un-detained :):

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    on what grounds?
    and what happen to the ingoer that it did happen to

He was not held to my knowledge but he was disrupting the churchs limelite. He was cuffed and sat on the curb in humiliation as the line drove by.
    Many of us tried to dissuade him from his quest but he marched into the jaws of the by-back demon and was shown how the world rally works.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom