• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • strahd71

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    wanatah
    Wow. A lot of people apparently eager to swallow their principles so they can vote for the "lesser" of two evils. Even though Romney's record is not a far cry from Obama's. A lot of people EAGER to see the decline of the Republic.

i dont know it is that or folks are just weary of the process the silly crap back and forth, and feeling as if they have no representation including Paul supporters, now before everyone gets mad let me finish.

2008 the best the party could come up with was McCain? how disappointing is that? in some ways Romney is a conservative compared to McCain.

2012 the best "main stream" republicans can come up with is the sloppy seconds from 2008? the main stream is disenfranchised regardless of their stupidity look at how hard its been for any of them to really do much (for the Paul folks)

2012 for the Paul folks while things improved this time around they are still disenfranchised due to the snobbery and media bias, the good Doctor doesnt get fair coverage which in turn does affect representation in the sense of free press is free advertising dollars. i have no issue with romney, santorum, newt, bachmann, and cain all making the rounds on the news circuit but Ron Paul was obviously the odd man out here and in the debates as well. this is what i mean by lack of representation. maybe this is the wrong word?

i know some folks believe Paul still has a chance. i dont know, it seems strange that he could win the delegates but do so poorly vote wise. and i personally have no idea how this would or could play out in the general election. i admire your tenacity tho. i did my part i voted for Paul in the primary and would happily do so in the general if he were the nominee

it will be interesting to see what happens

jake

Wreaver

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    Right over there!
    I love how everyone thinks Romney is going to slow anything at all. His standing record is already apalling. He's on record saying that NDAA and other items supreme leader has supported are alright by him. So please point out where the 2 are different....

SemperFiUSMC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    1. Romney has next to 0% chance of beating supreme leader.
    2. If by some miracle Romney does win, see you in year two/three of his term whining about the exact same things and how it's imperative we elect someone else to guarantee he doesn't get another term.
    3. What is it they say about doing the same thing over and over expecting a different outcome....

Second trick of the left - Romney can't beat Obama. Only the person who shares your principles can (even though he can't even beat Romney, but we don't want to discuss that).

Third trick of the left - Even if Romney wins, he will be no different than Obama. Forget the fact he's not a communist, doesn't eat dogs, won't appoint a NASA administrator to make Muslims feel better about themselves, won't allow Iran to threaten us and our allies with nuclear weapons, understands that private industry, not the government, is the engine of the economy, that government, not private industry, is the enemy, ...

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    2008 the best the party could come up with was McCain? how disappointing is that? in some ways Romney is a conservative compared to McCain.

2012 the best "main stream" republicans can come up with is the sloppy seconds from 2008? the main stream is disenfranchised regardless of their stupidity look at how hard its been for any of them to really do much (for the Paul folks)

Look at what is occurring right now. We are learning that Romney may have been involved in some sort of hazing/bullying activity 50 years ago. We learned that he did something stupid with his dog when he put it on the roof of his car, 20 or 30 years ago. Hell we may end up learning he tried on some girls' dress when he was in elementary school before we are done. Why would anyone decent person want to go through that? Look at the picking apart that has gone on here on this forum. There is no one perfect. Heck there is no one good enough to pick up roadkill for a living, according to people on here. I ask again, why would any person that doesn't have some sort of mental illness want to subject themselves to this.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    4th Trick of the Left - convince voters that a Democrat-plant like Mitt Romney isn't on the Left.

Wow......this is really getting silly now.

They all want to be all powerful, all knowing and revered. They will all say and do anything to get the "Gay" vote....the "Moderate" vote and so on and so forth.
    Ron Paul has some good ideas but he scares the hell out of me in the foreign policy area. Just plan scary. No one mentions this fact.
    Mitt at least has made a payroll at a business and understands how money is made and spent.
    Barry has never made a payroll at a Dairy Queen or had a real job that he can prove.........
    I have to agree that at this late stage of the game all we can do is apply the brakes on this runaway train.

J_Wales

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2011
    IMO the choices will be,

1. Damn the torpedoes full speed ahead, no make that Flank speed toward the inevitable.

2. Let's at least try to slow this ship down a little while headed toward the inevitable.

3. Let's do nothing by making a protest vote no one is listening to OR cares about while headed toward the inevitable.

Lady Liberty will continue being raped no matter who is elected. Thinking this can/will be turned around at this late stage of the game is wishful thinking IMO. If and when the inevitable does happen it will not return to a Representative Republic, it will be something even MUCH worse than we have now.

:twocents:

SECESSION ANYONE?

It may well be Lady Liberty's best refuge and chance of survival.

mydoghasfleas

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 19, 2011
    Undisclosed
    Ron Paul has some good ideas but he scares the hell out of me in the foreign policy area. Just plan scary. No one mentions this fact...

I have to agree that at this late stage of the game all we can do is apply the brakes on this runaway train.

The other candidates domestic policy scares the hell out of me! I like a foreign policy of "defense" rather than "offense" And spending out the wazoo with our tax dollars (well, borrowed credit card dollars) will get us broke (even more so) and only able to afford a weak "defense only policy" by neccesity rather than a strong defense by choice.
    Obama beat McCain, who beat Romney. And now we think Romney can beat Obama? Captain flip flop will get eaten alive, but it doesnt matter since the difference between the two on the things that affect my liberty are neglegable.

strahd71

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    wanatah
    Look at what is occurring right now. We are learning that Romney may have been involved in some sort of hazing/bullying activity 50 years ago. We learned that he did something stupid with his dog when he put it on the roof of his car, 20 or 30 years ago. Hell we may end up learning he tried on some girls' dress when he was in elementary school before we are done. Why would anyone decent person want to go through that? Look at the picking apart that has gone on here on this forum. There is no one perfect. Heck there is no one good enough to pick up roadkill for a living, according to people on here. I ask again, why would any person that doesn't have some sort of mental illness want to subject themselves to this.

very true!

i wouldnt want the job

jake

strahd71

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    wanatah
    "It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first."
    Ronald Reagan

very true! i wonder if one could go back in time if its always been that way or if it had some honor at one point?

jake

UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN
    very true! i wonder if one could go back in time if its always been that way or if it had some honor at one point?

jake
    According to ancient Historians, like Cicero, it's always been a cesspool of deceit, lies, and corruption.
    We've simply improved on the speed at which the news of such goings on are transmitted to the Citizens. :(

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    1. Romney has next to 0% chance of beating supreme leader.

Wait! I thought we weren't supposed to believe the media when they said a Republican wasn't electable.

SECESSION ANYONE?

It may well be Lady Liberty's best refuge and chance of survival.

Please, it's bad enough you have to bring that ridiculous "solution" into every damn post you make (which has the opposite effect of the one you want, I think). Could you please tone down the visuals? You're preaching to one of the most politically aware groups of people in America. If we aren't behind your little suicide mission at this point, chances are screaming at us in red isn't going to change our mind.

UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN
    Wait! I thought we weren't supposed to believe the media when they said a Republican wasn't electable.

Please, it's bad enough you have to bring that ridiculous "solution" into every damn post you make (which has the opposite effect of the one you want, I think). Could you please tone down the visuals? You're preaching to one of the most politically aware groups of people in America. If we aren't behind your little suicide mission at this point, chances are screaming at us in red isn't going to change our mind.
    :yesway:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    The other candidates domestic policy scares the hell out of me! I like a foreign policy of "defense" rather than "offense" And spending out the wazoo with our tax dollars (well, borrowed credit card dollars) will get us broke (even more so) and only able to afford a weak "defense only policy" by neccesity rather than a strong defense by choice.
    Obama beat McCain, who beat Romney. And now we think Romney can beat Obama? Captain flip flop will get eaten alive, but it doesnt matter since the difference between the two on the things that affect my liberty are neglegable.

Understood on the defensive posture. My deal with Ron Paul is his statement that everyone could have Nuc's as far as he is concerned. I have some issue with that.
    As to the credit card....Wow, if I could only run mine that way. It is to late to rain them in. Any of them. It seems to be the worlds largest group of spendaholics. Is that a real word??

Flip flop is the new way. Say, do and spend anything required to get the vote. How much money have they spent so far to get a job that does not pay as well as a private sector job. Those wheels will have to be greased, payed back, given privilege. Nothing is free, especially at that level.

Edit.........Make my Kool-Aide Hawaiian Passion please. If I am going down it will be with a pleasant taste in my mouth

buckstopshere

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Greenwood
    Understood on the defensive posture. My deal with Ron Paul is his statement that everyone could have Nuc's as far as he is concerned. I have some issue with that.
    As to the credit card....Wow, if I could only run mine that way. It is to late to rain them in. Any of them. It seems to be the worlds largest group of spendaholics. Is that a real word??

Flip flop is the new way. Say, do and spend anything required to get the vote. How much money have they spent so far to get a job that does not pay as well as a private sector job. Those wheels will have to be greased, payed back, given privilege. Nothing is free, especially at that level.

Edit.........Make my Kool-Aide Hawaiian Passion please. If I am going down it will be with a pleasant taste in my mouth

I think you should submit spendaholic as a new word. Heck, if Sarah Palin can get refudiate made into an actual word, surely a gentlemen of your stature can get spendaholic.

Side note, my iPad tries to auto correct spendaholic to spendaholica.

Top Bottom