• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • billyboyr6

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Jan 28, 2010
    greenfield
    I was in local pawn shop yesterday and found three damascus fixed blade blanks. All already have been ground and sharpened, just no stocks on any of them. All 3 of them are about the same size 6"-8" OAL. 2 of them the blades are Damascus but just have carbon steel handles welded on them. Is this common? He claims that a regular knife customer had a bunch of them imported from japan and these 3 are the ones he did not use. Good looking knives and made well. He made me a deal of $175 for all three. Or the biggest one $95 and the others $75 each. I did not buy yet because I'm not sure of their value. What do you guys think. Sorry I didn't think to take any pics.

Bradsknives

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.
    I was in local pawn shop yesterday and found three damascus fixed blade blanks. All already have been ground and sharpened, just no stocks on any of them. All 3 of them are about the same size 6"-8" OAL. 2 of them the blades are Damascus but just have carbon steel handles welded on them. Is this common? He claims that a regular knife customer had a bunch of them imported from japan and these 3 are the ones he did not use. Good looking knives and made well. He made me a deal of $175 for all three. Or the biggest one $95 and the others $75 each. I did not buy yet because I'm not sure of their value. What do you guys think. Sorry I didn't think to take any pics.

I wouldn't touch them!!! There are good and and then there are bad damascus blades. If there is no makers name or manufactures name on the blade then you really don't know what you have.....like knowing the number of layers in the damascus and the steels that are being used. You can buy some very nice damascus blades coming out of Thailand for 1/4 of the prices that you listed above. Also, you can buy good blades from USA a makers .....like Devin Thomas that will cost you double or triple of what you listed. Just like anything else, you have different levels of quality. :twocents:

Last edited:
    Top Bottom