• ...and so much more!
  • 1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    It's been encouraging . I have been able to snag a little.22lr every week. Enough to keep up with me and my sons shooting. Bulk packs, and for pretty close to last years prices. Don't ask where. I have a feeling the guys that are selling it for 50-60 plus bucks a box will beat me to it! Not going there...

Anyone else getting .22lr bulk for near normal price? Maybe it's a good sign if you are! Lets hope it is! :rockwoot:

Jomibe

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 28, 2013
    Hendricks County
    I became so discouraged I completely stopped looking. When i did find something it was insanely overpriced. Maybe I need to start looking around again.

dleak

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 16, 2013
    floyd county
    havent seen ANY on ANY shelf for probably 6-8 weeks ... got last 375rd box of cci mini mag TROY LANDRY "swamp people" edition @ hammond cabela's for about $25 if i remember right...picked up 2 50 rd boxes of AGUILA 22 interceptor @ a local yard sale recently...other than that i havent seen any available @ a store

dleak

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 16, 2013
    floyd county
    i tried to stop in ther yesterday, but they were doing some repaving/maintenance on the parking lot & it just REALLY looked like someplace i didnt want to drag all 18 of my wheels through !!! i thank them frequently for making space available for a big truck to come in & shop though :):

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    Don't have a LGS within 45 min that wouldn't price gouge so I've given up on .22 :(

You don't have to go that far to get gouged. Just browse the WTS section! I am all for making a buck but 400% during the election aftermath. Not really nice to your fellow shooters :(

ljk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    May 21, 2013
    got me 2 boxes of 40gr. Federal Auto Match(325rd per box) this morning at Keystone Walmart. $14+change each, they are out there.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I also gave up. If I am in the area during the weekend, I will check but otherwise I work all week and can't hang around waiting for the truck.

I talked to a lady at Walmart in MI this past week and she said that .22 sells out in 20 minutes every time they get it. People wait in line for them to open the shipment to see if they have any at all and then to buy their allotment if it does come in.

I have checked the Walmart app and none of the stores that I am even remotely close to show any. Meijer shelves are empty, GM doesn't even have shelf space anymore for .22.

Yes, it is out there, but in very, very limited quantities at sane pricing.

No2rdame

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    Noblesville
    I, too, have almost given up looking. GM is out of my way and unless they are having a sale I always thought their merchandise was overpriced. I swing by both Meijer and Walmart's ammo section every time I'm in but other than the random assortment of shotgun shells I haven't seen anything on the shelves in such a long time I wouldn't know what to do if I did see something.

I was hoping that stores shelves would begin to return to normal by now but it looks like it's not going to happen just yet.

netsecurity

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County
    I stumbled upon some on MidwayUSA at $22 a box about a month ago. I thought, great, things are finally returning to normal. But I've checked daily since and never seen a bit of new inventory on any websites.

goldtrigger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 13, 2013
    Morgan county
    I picked up some last month at Traildust (Bloomington) for about 2.50 for a box of 50.
    Rural King (Martinsville) has been having some occasionally for $5.00 for 50. They have been out a lot for the last few weeks. Bradis has been having CCI 50 rnds for $5.00. They have been more reliable.
    Walmart (Martinsville) hasn't had any that I have seen in months!
    That's about the status here in Morgan/Monroe counties.

Jeepster48439

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Marion County
    I do a search on a regular basis using gunbot.net. Been able to find the ammo that I was looking for. Big box is so hit and miss, unless you can live there.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    ^^^^I was thinking; man, this is unbelievable! How can I not find ammo when so many others are?

Then is occurred to me that hearing a few people on one website forum talking about how they found some is probably not representative of the amount of people who are looking for ammo nationwide and not finding it.:)

Top Bottom