• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • selinoid44

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 11, 2010
    northern Indiana
    Have been out around 5 times looking for fresh drops. I have done well so far. 2 sheds in 5 short hunts. Anyone else having any luck?

This last one was found today, 3-10-16

Last edited:

selinoid44

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 11, 2010
    northern Indiana
    I have a 30 acre field. The outside perimeter is trees and food plots along the fence rows. Which is where I found the smaller of the two. I found the other following tracks across the open field.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    I have two bucks I see regularly who have each lost an antler. I have walked the woods several times but haven't found any sheds yet.

selinoid44

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 11, 2010
    northern Indiana
    Remember that bucks don't necessarily follow heavily traveled paths. Searching in heavy areas and bedding areas are great spots for sheds. I searched an 8 acre woods last Saturday combing every inch of ground I could, back and forth and found nothing. Good news is their dropping, and we just gotta keep looking .

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Remember that bucks don't necessarily follow heavily traveled paths. Searching in heavy areas and bedding areas are great spots for sheds. I searched an 8 acre woods last Saturday combing every inch of ground I could, back and forth and found nothing. Good news is their dropping, and we just gotta keep looking .

It's over 90 acres so it is going to take more than a couple of times out to find them. Last year, I almost ran one over playing on our cousin's Kawasaki mule in the orchard so that is where I looked first. That is 23 acres and I walked the majority of it. I walked the perimeter of the woods and followed several good trails, but just picked up some garbage. Nice days will have me back out there. I know at least one of their bedding areas, but they have several others. There are plenty here but most I am seeing still have both antlers.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    I see lots of bucks who have lost their antlers but still haven't found any drops. I've done a lot of walking though.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    I'm still seeing one buck on the cameras that has both of his antlers but most seem to have lost theirs. The search will continue. I did find an old sheepshead mushroom today so I know where to look this fall now.

Top Bottom