• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Benp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 19, 2017
    Avon
    I agree with some of the others, people like this aren't in the best state-of-mind to begin with, so anything they would consider provoking could put them over the edge. Part of me would like to put the car in park right where it was and go inside the gas station and get a Sun Drop and look and see if there were any snacks that I might enjoy. Perhaps when I'm done with shopping and making my purchases then he would be gone. But probably just ignoring him would be the best solution.

Beowulf

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    giphy.gif

That guy sounds like a real doucehbag.

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    You can't hardly drive anywhere without pissing off somebody these days. A guy sitting in his car isn't much of a threat as long as a finger is all he's pointing. Now, if he gets out or points something else, yeah 911 or 1911!

Hoosierkav

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 1, 2012
    South of Indianapolis
    I had a guy follow me for 15 minutes (I recognized he was following me and took him on a wild goose chase)--he finally cornered me (I was on the phone with 911 at the time) and other than his words, he gave me the finger gun.

He said I cut him off when I turned left in front of him.

PD had a nice conversation with him before telling him to get into the zip code in which he lives...

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Was he wearing an ugly sweater? Maybe he was in pan and on his way to get his thumb stitched?

attachment.php

That's the correct way to react so someone pointing one finger gun at you.
    Show him you have twice the finger power and he will back down.

Either that or show him your middle finger to show you're not afraid by his gun finger.
    Possibly a double middle finger gesture as well.

bigretic

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    Haha, I saw this thread yesterday but didn't want to derail it :D
    too funny.

she sometimes gets el douche 0's bothering her in the car, maybe because it looks more like a guys car being all blacked out, then they see a blond milf in it... lol, but this was a one up the typical engine reving..

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I can understand giving someone the middle finger in anger. But the “finger gun”? It’s funny and scary at the same time. It shows this guy is a sadistic moron that needs his ass beat, and needs mental health.
    I admit I often do the "finger gun" thing at the TV when they show the faces of some low-lifes that have (allegedly) committed some crime that really gets under my skin - like the teens that killed the doctor in his home just recently. I don't think I need my ass beat or a mental health exam in these instances. :)

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I admit I often do the "finger gun" thing at the TV when they show the faces of some low-lifes that have (allegedly) committed some crime that really gets under my skin - like the teens that killed the doctor in his home just recently. I don't think I need my ass beat or a mental health exam in these instances. :)

I sometimes do the double at these same low life oxygen wasters.

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    When finger guns are outlawed... Seriously, a line at a car wash is a bad place in a situation like this, no way to get out of Dodge. In your vehicle = Castle Doctrine. Never get out of the boat.

THIS. First one out of the car is the aggressor. I want to be able to articulate why I was in fear for my life. Unbuckle, discretely unholster, confirm doors are locked like they should always be, sit tight. Call 911 and/or use your horn to attract attention to Mr. Douchebag.

Bullies are always brave when sheltered in their steel cage. As soon as they step out their butthole puckers and after a few blustering swear words they are calculating their retreat.

Another strategy is to begin videotaping with your phone. As soon as they realize their stupid aggressive actions are being filmed they start to consider the consequences.

OurDee

nobody
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Sep 16, 2017
    Camby
    Put on eye protection and ear plugs. Safety first. Donning a bullet proof vest sometimes conveys things are about to get real.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    THIS. First one out of the car is the aggressor. I want to be able to articulate why I was in fear for my life. Unbuckle, discretely unholster, confirm doors are locked like they should always be, sit tight. Call 911 and/or use your horn to attract attention to Mr. Douchebag.

Bullies are always brave when sheltered in their steel cage. As soon as they step out their butthole puckers and after a few blustering swear words they are calculating their retreat.

Another strategy is to begin videotaping with your phone. As soon as they realize their stupid aggressive actions are being filmed they start to consider the consequences.

Or the one that lives.
    First one out of the car, AND goes towards the other person, I might agree.

But a car can be a deathtrap.
    If the finger gun guy pulls a real gun and comes up to you in your car, stuck in a line, you have no where to evade.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    I have not read this whole thread...put parts of it. In this situation I would have upholstered my carry weapon, kept it concealed (from outside the vehicle) and awaited events. Maneuver inside and outside the vehicle would have been kept open as options (in my head anyway). Then again, the douche may not have been doing that to 'me'. Good stern look and what not.

whoever this thing was probably didn't have a weapon, just fantasized like he'd have had one if he wasn't a liberal weenie.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    When I use the finger gun(s), it's never to mimic a firearm. It's always to ironically mock people who use finger guns when they are talking or arrive on a scene while making the mistaken assumption that it makes them look cool.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Or the one that lives.
    First one out of the car, AND goes towards the other person, I might agree.

But a car can be a deathtrap.
    If the finger gun guy pulls a real gun and comes up to you in your car, stuck in a line, you have no where to evade.

Still, let him get out first. ESPECIALLY if there are security cameras. The concrete proof of you getting out first could look bad to a jury regardless of what your intent and plan was in your head. You got out first. Period. If you were not going to go on the offensive, why did you need to get out? Better to sit tight and be READY to get out so you dont have to explain and counter their ideas about your intent. (and hope they take your word for it)

Even better is to get outta dodge or lock it up and stay in the boat with 911 in one hand and the pistol concealed in the other. The odds are strongly against him getting out and opening fire as he approaches from a quartering angle you cant easily counter. They almost always approach and start yelling and/or beating on the glass or roof before escalating to shooting. At least in every situation I've seen.

Top Bottom