• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cygnus

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    New England
    I was at a Cabela's today and they had 50 round boxes o Fiochi 115 JHP. They also had Sig FMJ 50 round boxes for $20. Anyone know if either are any good?

Last edited:

jinks

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2013
    Central
    Fiocchi manufactures good quality ammunition in the USA and other countries. I have not used the SIG ammo but it should be good, but at $20 a box for FMJ 9mm I would pass. I haven't found a lot of difference in the performance of standard FMJ 9mm. NATO specification 9mm is a little hotter, but for target shooting I have found most FMJ 9mm to be similar in performance.

I like GECO 124gr FMJ, manufactured in Switzerland, and I purchase it by the case. The cost is less than $12.50 a box shipped from SGAmmo.com

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    I have used a lot of the Fiocchi 9mm and found it very consistent and at least to me seems to be a little hotter than most 9mm. Not complaining, I like hotter ammo! :D

Cygnus

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    New England
    Thanks guys. I may give the fiochi a try. Unfortunately shipping is not a real option on MA. The MA AG has asked ammo companies not to ship here although there is nothing in M.G.L. preventing it.
    Maybe our governor can issue an executive order?

Cygnus

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    New England
    IIRC, the JHP uses a Hornady XTP bullet. That is a good design. Accurate too!

I opened a box. It was a smaller hollow point. Closer to say the reminton green box jhp's or the federal Hi-shock from years back. But I could be mistaken. I will try a box or two.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Fiocchi manufactures good quality ammunition in the USA and other countries. I have not used the SIG ammo but it should be good, but at $20 a box for FMJ 9mm I would pass. I haven't found a lot of difference in the performance of standard FMJ 9mm. NATO specification 9mm is a little hotter, but for target shooting I have found most FMJ 9mm to be similar in performance.

I like GECO 124gr FMJ, manufactured in Switzerland, and I purchase it by the case. The cost is less than $12.50 a box shipped from SGAmmo.com

The differences I've found between various FMJ 9mm rounds is how clean or dirty they are. WWB, Armscor and some other brands were very dirty, whereas Fiocchi, American Eagle Federal and Blazer Brass all seem to be relatively clean. Agree with you on some being hotter loads than others and I also agree with you about GECO. I haven't tried their 9mm, but I've run a couple cases of their .45 and have been quite impressed.

jinks

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2013
    Central
    The differences I've found between various FMJ 9mm rounds is how clean or dirty they are. WWB, Armscor and some other brands were very dirty, whereas Fiocchi, American Eagle Federal and Blazer Brass all seem to be relatively clean. Agree with you on some being hotter loads than others and I also agree with you about GECO. I haven't tried their 9mm, but I've run a couple cases of their .45 and have been quite impressed.

I like Swiss manufactured GECO ammo in pistols and rifles. Much of the GECO pistol ammo is manufactured in Hungary and it is probably as good as the Swiss ammo. GECO is manufactured by RUAG Ammotec who also manufactures Norma, Rottweil, RWS, and Hirtenberger.

Top Bottom