• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • scott delaney

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 25, 2009
    has anyone been following the reports of fire balls over INDIANA and the mid-west over the last couple of days?....have any of you seen one?... have any thoughts about why we are having an increase of sightings?

Jomibe

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 28, 2013
    Hendricks County
    have any thoughts about why we are having an increase of sightings?

I have one..

2u6gqbl.jpg

Sgtusmc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    indiana
    I think the earth's galactic motion has something to do with it. Imagine driving down the highway and bugs start splatting on your window. That's essentially what is happening.

eric001

Vaguely well-known member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 3, 2011
    Indianapolis
    I heard there were some meteorites that were seen in Ohio and eastern Indiana a couple of days ago--I think someone said they had been reported by seven hundred + observers. I didn't really pay attention at the time though, so don't remember any details. Could these be your fireballs in question??

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    I heard there were some meteorites that were seen in Ohio and eastern Indiana a couple of days ago--I think someone said they had been reported by seven hundred + observers. I didn't really pay attention at the time though, so don't remember any details. Could these be your fireballs in question??

I saw this on my way into work this week. It looked like a cross between a shooting star and a flare gun. Pieces of the meteorite were breaking off and igniting as it falling to earth. It was pretty darn cool.

pinshooter45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 1, 2009
    Indianapolis
    There are a couple of meteor showers that happen this time of the year. I think the Leonid Meteor shower happens in and around the Firearm deer season. I remember my son and I pausing before we went to the woods one year to watch the show pretty darn cool! Considering that most of the streaks of shooting stars were the size of grains of sand. At least that is what the guy from the Butler observatory was saying that night on the news

Shiban

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2013
    I saw a really bright one in Fowler on my way home from Wis friday night. It burned across the sky for approx. 10 secs.
    I guess my wife saw one going from west to east last week in the early morning as well. She had never seen one so bright and didn't know what to think about it.

PapaScout

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jun 30, 2008
    Live in Wilbur, Work in Indy
    I remember one when I was a kid and playing outside in front of our house. It was night (of course) and it looked like a huge red and green fireball traveling from South to North in the Eastern sky. Completely amazing. This would have been in the early 80's.

Shiban

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2013
    I saw one Friday night around 8:15. Never seen anything like it before.
    That was about the time I saw the one in Fowler.
    If anyone is interested, the Draconid meteor shower is set to happen on Oct, 7 and 8. This shower occurs in the evening hours as opposed to most that happen in the pre-dawn hours. It should give a pretty good chance at seeing some really good meteorites.

Top Bottom