Firearm Friendly Businesses -Ft Wayne Area.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • zipper89

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    I am not sure if this is actually out there in the treads. it maybe but worded different is so i Apologize. I was hoping to compile a list of buissness that actuly allow you to be in the building on a Carry Permit.

I Know these places i have had no issue...

Lowes
    Marathon
    Valtro
    subway

Issues - No Carry
    Glenbrook mall

Turfweazel

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    I OC everywhere in Fort Wayne the only place I have ever had a negative experience is Glenbrook Mall. The apps for the smartphone are not very good that I have seen.

zombieglock

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 12, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    Only places ive had negative experience at is Glenbrook and Jefferson Pointe.
    Other than that, I've OC'ed at A LOT of stores in Fort Wayne with no issues.

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    To All,

I would like to politely interject that I believe the thread title of "Firearm Friendly Businesses" is somewhat misleading, along with some of the follow up posts.

Not that there is intentional misrepresentation but rather one of the logical fallacy of hasty generalization.

I interpret a "Firearm Friendly Business" to mean one which that management has actively gone out of their way to show support for the 2A and firearms ownership in general. Gyros on Goshen Road is a good example. They have posted signs in the past showing support for the 2A.

Some of these stores mentioned such as Walmart, Arbys, McDonalds, etc do NOT go out of their way to support the 2A. Just because someone hasn't had an issue with OC in there X number of times doesn't mean that their management is Firearm Friendly. It only means that a person hasn't had an issue - YET!

Again, not to disparage the noble calling of supporting those who support us, but I do not accept the premise that just because so-and-so wasn't hassled on several occasions means that they are pro 2A businesses.

Regards,

Doug

horsehaulin

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 12, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    I can vouch for Value City as being a no-go, father in law works there and he freaked when I went in there. He wasn't upset about me having a gun, he owns more than I do, but he didn't want anyone flipping on me about the gun because he knows I am not accepting of stupidity and others fears of inanimate objects.

As for Glenbrook, I know it's not friendly, but I CC my M&P 40 FS in a Safariland holster under a shirt. Nothing obvious about that bulge, right?

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Doug is right, there's a difference between "friendly" and apathetic. A lot of places simply don't real care much one way or another until complaints come in.

zipper89

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    if i could fix the title i would. when i created it i was not thinking of the correct words to start a thread. My goal is to places that normally don't mind OC or CC. As Doug aka Libertarian01 has said no ones had a issue Yet.

TheSpark

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2013
    Doug is right, there's a difference between "friendly" and apathetic. A lot of places simply don't real care much one way or another until complaints come in.

Exactly. Businesses tend to create these policies to keep what they feel is the majority of their customer base happy. If they only knew though how many of their customers carry.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    To be clear...let's not forget the wording of Glenbrook's only sign. It does, in fact, state the things not permitted are "no firearms or illegal weapons", which (in the double negative as it is written) means you should carry at least a firearm...if not an illegal weapon... ;)

Glenbrook002.jpg

TheSpark

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2013
    To be clear...let's not forget the wording of Glenbrook's only sign. It does, in fact, state the things not permitted are "no firearms or illegal weapons", which (in the double negative as it is written) means you should carry at least a firearm...if not an illegal weapon... ;)

Glenbrook002.jpg

Yea, I laugh every time I walk in and see that. Also, there is a dude scratching his butt in that picture.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    Yea, I laugh every time I walk in and see that. Also, there is a dude scratching his butt in that picture.

You should track him down to see if he'll sign a photo release. Though it might be difficult to identify him. There are a lot of asses around the area.

Turfweazel

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    My experience was before that big sign was put up. I went in with my wife and daughter as we walked down a hallway the head security guy and three of his helpers (I could say officer but we know that's a lie) came up and asked me to get out. They were very respectful so I will say they are nice people. We walked to the door and I asked to see the sign. He points to a much smaller version of that same sign between the entry doors. The text on it is maybe a half an inch big... It's tiny. I had to laugh and said ok but I came In through red robin and there is no sign there. He had no response for that but I had enough so we walked away. Not a terrible experience but a negative one none the less.

As libertarian01 said the only one I have seen with a welcome sign is gyros.

Top Bottom