• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ega

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 27, 2009
    Is there such a cert available?? A leo has to qual quarterly mostly mostly for dept insurance requirements and liability.A cert that carries the weight of a state issued standard. Something to the effect of ( this is to certify that on april 13 2009 jon doe diligently and with merit completed handgun safety and proficiency training)

Beau

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Colorado
    Are you asking if there is a state sponsored class or training program from which you would recieve a certificate?

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    No such training is required, and no such "certification" is available (from the State anyway).

Most training schools you attend will issue some type of certificate of completion after the course.

ega

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 27, 2009
    A cert that in the eyes of the legal system would be on par with a leo.While in the marine corps as an MP. I had what could be defined as a master of tactics which outside the military means nothing . I guess a test by say the ISP that says ive been tested and have met the standards for firearm profieciency.Probably just work towards instructor level would carry the same weight

HandK

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Way Up North!!
    No certificate. but it is noted in the departments weopons sheet that so and so did on such and such a date pass/failed department qulifactions. so if we ever have to got to court you can prove that you were capable of hitting what you were shooting at. you to should keep a log when you shoot as well as a target from the course you shot, date it sign it have a friend sign it as a witness, also put down what ammo was used and shoot a course with the ammo you carry at least once a year, This could come in real handy if your ever involved in a shooting. Hope this helps.

ega

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 27, 2009
    thats all I was getting at something approved by the state,county that says I have been tested and have met a standard

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    I don't think the State has the time, interest, or budget to start "certifying" citizens. Folks like the NRA certainly do.

If you're brought up on charges, and your "training" comes into question, I'm sure your attorney will bring up what training schools you attended and what experiences you've had.

Beau

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Colorado
    Tinfoil Hat Area......
    Personally I dislike the idea of state testing. To many things that could go wrong with it. It may start off as optional. Then it could become mandatory. Now your paying more money to exercise your rights. Then the powers that be decide to make it harder to pass this qualification. Maybe only certain people can qualify. Maybe no one.
    You can't pass our test so you can't carry a firearm.

Top Bottom