• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    Bloomington
    I purchased a muzzle loader from Sportsmans Gear out of New Jersey. My understanding is that you do not have to have an FFL to receive a muzzle loader that has a fixed barrel. I got a call asking for my FFL before they can ship it to me. I was then informed that this was a New Jersey law and that a gun can not leave the state even if it is a bb gun without a FFL transfer. Does anyone know if this is true. Sorry if this is the wrong place to post. :dunno:

Bill B

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    RA 0 DEC 0
    So New Jersey is now in the business of regulating interstate commerce? Seems to me the constitution said something about that, I wonder what it was?:dunno:

xHwyLT

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2011
    Monroe
    It is true, NJ has become almost as bad as California. You need an FFL to purchase BP guns from NJ. If you live there, you need a firearms ID card. Do business with one a store in one of the states that respects your right to keep & bear arms.

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    I purchased a muzzle loader from Sportsmans Gear out of New Jersey. My understanding is that you do not have to have an FFL to receive a muzzle loader that has a fixed barrel. I got a call asking for my FFL before they can ship it to me. I was then informed that this was a New Jersey law and that a gun can not leave the state even if it is a bb gun without a FFL transfer. Does anyone know if this is true. Sorry if this is the wrong place to post. :dunno:

Probably, I don't feel like looking it up, you can't touch even a BB gun in NJ without a FOID, so I have no trouble believing this. As already advised, get it from a free state.

Top Bottom