• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • labrat

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 1, 2009
    Ingo members,

I'm relatively new here and newly embracing my second amendment rights, so please bear with me. I have not conclusively received an answer on this so here goes.
    How often can you buy a firearm(s)?
    Should you wait a certain amount of time between each purchase?
    Should you refrain from buying multiple firearms with a single 4473?
    Should you purchase from different FFL dealers?
    Finally, would purchasing 7 firearms from different FFLs within 60 days send out a red flags to any particular government agencies?

Sincerely,

Labrat

cce1302

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Back down south
    Ingo members,

I'm relatively new here and newly embracing my second amendment rights, so please bear with me. I have not conclusively received an answer on this so here goes.
    How often can you buy a firearm(s)? as often as you want.
    Should you wait a certain amount of time between each purchase? No.
    Should you refrain from buying multiple firearms with a single 4473? No.
    Should you purchase from different FFL dealers? If you find a better deal at a different dealer.
    Finally, would purchasing 7 firearms from different FFLs within 60 days send out a red flags to any particular government agencies? Who cares? It's legal. You can purchase 32 firearms from the same dealer for each of eleven consecutive days, and they can't charge you unless you start selling them right after you buy them, or to people who cannot legally purchase them, but that's a whole new ball of worms.

Sincerely,

Labrat

Welcome.

labrat

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 1, 2009
    Thanks for the reply.

I had heard a story about someone who had purchased several guns after receiving an inheritance or something and getting a visit from the BATFE guys.

Everything regarding my questions is legal and I received my LTCH in September. I think I've been bitten by the bug.

Regards

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    Thanks for the reply.

I had heard a story about someone who had purchased several guns after receiving an inheritance or something and getting a visit from the BATFE guys.

Everything regarding my questions is legal and I received my LTCH in September. I think I've been bitten by the bug.

Regards

Firstly, I secede to cce1302's superior knowledge on this topic...

https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/members/cce1302.html

However, I am unsure as to why the boys from BATF-Troop would pay him a visit unless perhaps there were a few Class II or Class III items he'd forgotten to declare in the inheritance.

Glad to have you here - you'll find this place is quite fun to visit.
    I've learned something every day I've been here.

Welcome to :ingo:

Shoots4Fun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    74   0   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    Ingo members,

I'm relatively new here and newly embracing my second amendment rights, so please bear with me.

Finally, would purchasing 7 firearms from different FFLs within 60 days send out a red flags to any particular government agencies?

Welcome to :ingo:. I just wanted to say that you're my hero for being able to purchase 7 in 60 days. Congratulations on that!

I haven't heard of any reason why you cannot, but looking forward to what the guys here say as a learning point...I'd guess cce1302 is right on the money :twocents:.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    I seem to remember something about someone needs to be informed if you purchase 2 or more handguns in a one week period.

NateIU10

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2008
    Maryland
    If you purchase more than 1 handgun within a 5 day period from a single FFL, they fill out a form that gets sent to the BATFE.

Nothing illegal about it, but you may raise some eyebrows and get a visit.

labrat

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 1, 2009
    Haven't purchased #7 yet, but here's the recap:

9/8 Springfield XDM 9 , first gun purchase, for home.
    9/21 Sig P238 for ccw.
    9/28 S&W 642 for ccw.
    10/28 S&W 686 6" 7 round. Saw it at Cabelas and fell in love.
    11/9 NAA Pug
    11/19 NAA Mini master.

The next one could be something in either .44 or .45 ACP for the collection and that will be all for a while. ;)

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2009
    OHIO
    I try to buy 3 a year (tax return money, birthday money and chirstmas money)
    I usually try to do a long gun and 2 hand guns. This year I've bought a Taurus 357 cia, ruger lcp and saturday i'm buying an fnp 45. I'm thinking about getting an Ak47 for my rifle purchase, but I sure hope they aren't banned again.

mammynun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 30, 2009
    New Albany

9/21 Sig P238 for ccw.
    9/28 S&W 642 for ccw.
    11/9 NAA Pug
    11/19 NAA Mini master.

The next one could be something in either .44 or .45 ACP for the collection and that will be all for a while. ;)

It's commonly understood that pictures MUST accompany all firearms purchases.... ;)

Titanium Man

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2009
    Indy---USA
    Anytime I work overtime, there's a itch to buy a gun.

The only cure I've found is to immediately go to PSS, and look. If I don't buy then, usually this alleviates the symptoms until my subconscious works on me while I sleep.

It'a a vicious circle, work, buy guns, work.

I try not to work too much, my wife will divorce me.

Last edited by a moderator:

scottka

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    SW IN

9/21 Sig P238 for ccw.
    9/28 S&W 642 for ccw.
    11/9 NAA Pug
    11/19 NAA Mini master.

:bowdown:

Andy219

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Cedar Lake, IN
    If you purchase more than 1 handgun within a 5 day period from a single FFL, they fill out a form that gets sent to the BATFE.

Nothing illegal about it, but you may raise some eyebrows and get a visit.

That sucks, I don't want any visits. My last purchase was 2 revolvers at the same place and same time, a week or 2 ago. No visits yet, Hopefully none to come either.

booey50

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 27, 2009
    nw indiana
    no its not against the law just remember when you fill out that little paper for that gun, your info is used for that gun...(stolen) if I were you i would take my time in buying them... what you save you can by ammo and goodies for the stuff you own now...plus if you by lets say one a month or longer less questions by the man...

homeless

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    indy
    90% of my purchases have been through the same small shop. For the last year or so I stop in at least once a week to BS, and he will give me a heads up on cool stuff. He has even put guns aside for me on a word for over a week until I can get back in with the cash. I usually get a pretty good deal too.

I used to buy very often, if I saw something that I had been in the market for and it was a deal or was a rare item then I would pick it up. Right now I am putting more of my money towards other things and have had to let some killer deals pass. But I never feel bad about a purchase or a lack there of. If it is something I want then I will buy it. I am the only justification that I need.

Top Bottom