• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    Anybody familiar with a good firearms appraiser? I have one appraisal but I'm looking for a certified appraiser for a confirmation of the value of a very unique gun. I am NOT interested in somebody who will try to buy the gun.

PM replies are OK.

BGDave

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    207   0   0
    Sep 15, 2011
    Beech Grove
    Just a general firearm type would be helpful.
    You already are ahead of the game by eliminating the appraiser for a sale.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    OK, Dave. I'm not sure what difference the type of gun makes but here you go. It is a one of a kind Glock.
    LXRtLmpwZw

:lol2:

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    custom engraved by whom?
    Have they done a 30th and a 25 th ?
    24 C gold inlays?

Replacement value or worth? Insurance?

I know appraised value of firearms. I can do grading rather well. What you have is uniquely made one of a kind so no comparable items unless they do it every year or every 5. It is a Glock so I normally would just go off the gun values graded guide for worth on any.

I can set you up with my art appraiser if you want to go that route. He does some weird stuff like John Wayne Gayce clown drawings and negro league baseball gloves. Plus boring drawings and paintings.

If I had to guess at a price and since this is the internet I shall try.

Double the MSRP for the unique serial number. (Mint 100 percent NRA grade please handle with white gloves) Figure 30 hours of engraving time at 100 and hour. (Assuming this was hand engraved and not cut with CNC machine) add the gold inlays at about 500. Add popular item to want for the buying public at 500. The above is a guess since I know nothing but what was in both posts on this gun.

My internet arm chair expert appraisal amount if the above is true is 5250. The price of a mint python.

Please but me a cup of coffee and let me fondle it with white cotton gloves if my appraisal is within 100 dollars. No fee charged for my professional services this time. Next time I will give you the 20 precent friends and family discount.

BGDave

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    207   0   0
    Sep 15, 2011
    Beech Grove

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    jmarriott, I already have one appraisal and sorry, no coffee for you. :cool: Glock did make 25th Anniversary guns....2500 of them. There were 30 of the 30th Anniversary guns made. They made one 35th Anniversary gun. The 30th guns and the 35th gun are hand engraved with gold inlay.

Called Rock Island yesterday. The guy I need to talk to has taken the week off.

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    jmarriott, I already have one appraisal and sorry, no coffee for you. :cool: Glock did make 25th Anniversary guns....2500 of them. There were 30 of the 30th Anniversary guns made. They made one 35th Anniversary gun. The 30th guns and the 35th gun are hand engraved with gold inlay.

Called Rock Island yesterday. The guy I need to talk to has taken the week off.
    Ok maybe one day I can buy you the coffee and I canbreak out the gloves.

Top Bottom