• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Archer46176

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 21, 2012
    South East of Indy
    Is anyone willing to admit that they have went into long term debt due to the buying craze and hysteria over the past few weeks? I see a ton of people buying things for far more than they cost a month ago because others are doing so. I just hope everyone remembers that after everything settles down that there will still be time to get stuff and that anything the government does will likely not happen overnight. There will be people attempting to fight the liberals and doing their best to stop or atleast slow down the lawmaking process.
    Please don't pjt yourself in a situation to still be paying for a rifle or a handful of magazines 10-20-30 years from now by putting them on a credit card you may not be able to pay off. Now if you can pay it off and like to think you are beating the credit card companies at their game by getting reward points then go ahead and buy what you can find bjt remember to pay it off. If it comes right down to it there will likely be a fight and in the end good will prevail in one way or another. I believe there are enough true Americans left to protect the Constitution and Bill of Rights.
    I hope you and all of your families had a good Christmas!!!

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    I do not go into debt to buy guns, ammo, or related things. I think that's just stupid.

I have in my budget each month, some set aside for gun related purchases, and some months I spend most of it, and some months it accumulates until I have enough money to buy the next toy. Right now I'm waiting for RIA 10mm 1911s to be available from anyone other than CTD, but I can be patient. I spent a year to find the right deal on a GSG 1911 .22lr. Otherwise I am sitting out this current round of stupidity.

Solitaire

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 8, 2012
    Indy
    I don't buy guns often, but I have put one on a credit card now and then when I find a good deal and don't have the cash right then and there. I pay them off later in the month or within 2 months. I certainly am not going to rack up thousands of dollars in debt for stuff I don't need.

snowrs

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 4, 2011
    Evansville
    Why why why, sorry but that is just plain crazy. Buy what you can afford going into debt for a firearm is silly. If you are on this site you should have already had at least your self defense weapon and your home protection weapon. Beyond that and ammo panic buying is frivolous.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    I won't even buy up these $3K guns and $60 PMags when they're selling for $700 and $12 again.

I already had all that I require. :)

zenbruno

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    That's a good point, Archer; and one that's not talked about as often as buying stuff. Waking up each morning and going to sleep each evening with oppressive debt hanging over us is, indeed, a form of self-victimization. No one likes to feel like a victim, and in fact there are euphemisms and rationalizations which we use in order to put off and avoid this feeling.

Debt is also antithetical to absolute freedom. And freedom -- in both its tangible and intangible forms -- is something cherished highly by many of us here. Please don't trade it away easily.

I have very simple guns, and few of them. This doesn't make me right or somehow noble, but it keeps my life manageable...and it helps keep me just a little closer to the complete freedom which I treasure.

As many of us believe, effective self-defense is in the mindset and training first, and then in the tools. Almost every one of us on this forum, given only modest tools (but that are stone-cold reliable and trained with to the point of proficiency) will prevail in far greater percentages than the at-large population, in whatever scenario. I don't post a lot, but I read a lot and I'm certain of this. :)

Once the basic tools of survival are arrayed, I guess I'm appealing to the deeper places where day-to-day survival, or even a great war, is really won and lost -- the places where dwell indomitable spirit, sustaining faith, family and honor. A man possessed of these inner-qualities (not to generally include panic-buying!) will prevail fiercely in ANY circumstance, even against opponents laden to distraction with elaborate orchestrations of armaments, paraphernalia and support gear. You see my point, I think.

K.., I'm done. :ingo:

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 19, 2009
    Central Indiana
    If you're going deep into debt to aquire firearms and supplies in the event that they may be banned, you're fitting exactly into the gun-nut mold that the anti's portray us as.

Just. Freakin. Silly.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    I'd be willing to go into "long term debt" betting that a number of people have gone into long term debt buying stuff that they will never use. BUT it's their nickel.

[FONT=&quot]NRA Life member [/FONT][FONT=&quot]GSSF member[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    Gunsite graduate Certified Glock armorer[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT][FONT=&quot]1911 Mechanic[/FONT]

TJSaltdog

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2012
    Lafayette
    These people that are buying these AR's for $1500 and up to sometimes $3500 dollars are to stupid to realize that when everything settles down, The prices will drop back to normal and they wont be able to get what they paid for their AR. Nobody in their right mind is going to pay a couple thousand dollars for an AR when you can get them for $1000 or cheaper. But hey if they want to pay that price then let them.

Rand60

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 26, 2012
    I don't think any major gun legislation will pass the house in tne next 2 years. When this starts to dawn on people, we may see a buble effect on some of the AR models and ammo.

Panama

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jul 13, 2008
    Racing Capital
    There are people dumb enough to pay $3,000.00 for a $650.00 EBR, they will put it on a credit card, get late on their monthly payment, end up paying 32% apr, taking 6-8 years to pay it off, for a grand total purchase price of $10,000.00 for a $650.00 rifle.

That doesn't even include the 10 Pmags for a $1000.00, and 2 thousand rounds of .223/5.56 for another $1000.00 dollars!

Scary thought of the day.
    These people own guns! :n00b:

Top Bottom