• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tnichols00

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 24, 2012
    Columbia City
    I know something similar to this has been done a million times but I have a few criteria I want to make sure are met.

Ultimately the decision on what gun to carry will come down to my wife, what she feel comfortable with using.

I have a Ruger LCP and a LCR and she doesnt like the DA trigger pull so the gun needs to have a crips SA trigger pull, with that said Her only criteria is that is if it is a SA gun it needs a manual safety, I have talked with her about this and she is pretty set on it.

My criteria is that I want the firearm to hold a minimum of 10 rounds for her in a .380 or larger

This leaves out Revolvers, Glocks, 1911's (Except maybe a double stack) XD's without safety's some Sigs and many other firearms.

I have a Ruger SR9C that she actually like and enjoys to shoot and fits what we both want for her.

so what I am looking for is any suggestions that fit what we are looking for that she could try and compare to find what she likes the most.

metaldog

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 31, 2013
    Indy
    I think you need to drop your criteria and let her pick out which ever gun she wants. Does she have criteria for you when you buy something?
    THIS. Take her to the LGS/Range. Let her look some over & "rent to shoot" the one she likes. Have her put some lead down range & let her decide. She will appreciate you more for it too.

Tnichols00

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 24, 2012
    Columbia City
    She is really wanting to try a 9mm 1911 out now, seems like it could be a good fit for her but I want her to shoot one first.

Has anyone here shot the 9mm 1911 and what is your opinion on how it shoots?

Next step it to find one she can shoot.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    Have her check out the PX4 Storm. Took my wife to the gun store and told her try a few out. Seen what she was picking up and suggested the PX4 Storm, as she wanted a manual safety. She fell in love with it as soon as she picked it up.

Tnichols00

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 24, 2012
    Columbia City
    She has made her decision!!
    She shot a few different guns and kept going back to my dads kimber 1911's. He has a full size and a aluminum carry with a 3'' barrel and she liked shooting the full size better but liked the compact size of the 3'' to carry. She decided to spit the difference and landed on a Ruger SR1911 CMD. While at the store I couldnt resist and had to get one for myself too!! We each put 200 rounds through on friday and she loves it!! Now the only thing Im worried about is being able to afford enough 45 ACP for both of us to shoot as much as we would like to...
    Here is our Ruger Collection and her targets from about 20 ft away. First one is taking her time shooting and then the second one is when I was working with her on getting the gun up and acquiring the target and getting two shots on target as quickly as possible. She is a pretty good natural shot, with practice she could be a ringer.
    IMG_2413.jpg IMG_0407.jpg IMG_2118.jpg

Top Bottom