• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ryanmercer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    Speedway, IN
    Legally, I think you would have no problems securing it in your car.
    Real world, I don't know what they would say.

Firearm, explosive, or deadly weapon; possession in controlled access areas of an airport
    Sec. 1.3. A person who knowingly or intentionally enters an area of an airport to which access is controlled by the inspection of persons and property while the person:
    (1) possesses:
    (A) a firearm;
    (B) an explosive; or
    (C) any other deadly weapon; or
    (2) has access to property that contains:
    (A) a firearm;
    (B) an explosive; or
    (C) any other deadly weapon;
    commits a Class A misdemeanor.
    As added by P.L.84-1996, SEC.3.

Eh maybe... but FedEx has us sign a from every 6 months saying we can't even have butter knives... so I'd rather just not heh.

nofear

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 20, 2008
    Indy
    Very interesting. What can be done to track the progress of this?

66 and 65 have both expired. It would of been nice to see them go through but they didn't. Write your Senator and congressman and ask them to bring it back up. One of them only missed it by 2 votes.

JohnE

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I work at a hospital that is on a collage campus. My employer has a no gun policy as well as the University one. So I'm double hosed on this one. Won't say that I do or don't carry. But my feelings on securing my weapon in my truck (that dosen't have a locking glove box) is not being secure enough for me. I've had my vehicle broken into in the middle of the day here and the vehicle was in a open area. But I don't feel safe leaving it in my vehicle while at work. Just my 2 cents. :dunno:

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    I personally believe that if it can't be locked up, it should be within arms reach.

That being said, I leave it at home. I work for a Health Network in Indianapolis, and so they have a no-carry policy. I don't know if they have a "in vehicle" statute, so that's something that I have to look into.

There again, better to ask for forgiveness than to ask permission in some cases, I suppose.

Top Bottom