• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • goob469

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 20, 2011
    I like many in our community I have become increasing frustrated with the NRA over the past few years, specifically reports of LaPierre's extravagant lifestyle and "misuse" of funds. This post isn't about LaPierre and I don't really want to go down that rabbit hole. I understand and appreciate the things the NRA do well - gun safety, shooting events and they are the biggest gun ownership group in the country (let's call it what it is - a lobbyist group). So, good out weighing the bad they still get some of my money. However, due to these things, I decided to spread my money around a little more the past couple renewal cycles, becoming a member of Gun Owners of America (GOA) and giving some money to the Firearms Policy Collation (FPC).

By and large I have been happy with GOA. I get regular emails about what's going on in the firearm legislation arena, what they are working on, good/bad things come up and call to action alerts. I really like their pre-filled "write your Senator and/or Representative" letters. (Some may argue over the effeteness of these types of campaigns - my experience is, I have received the some form email replay back from my elected official, if I contact them with a form letter or a personalized letter. So....).

The last few weeks, following Uvalde school, I feel like FPC is using the scare tactics of "gun-pocalypse" as funding raising tool. I'm getting 2 or 3 emails a day that, "jacked-boot thugs are going to be kicking down my door any day to take away my guns. The only way you can help stop them by donating $100... (or what whatever amount you can)." Ok... so I exaggerate a little for for effect and levity. Don't get me wrong, what's going on, on Capital Hill is nothing less then disgusting and any "Republican" who is reportedly colluding with the gun grabbers should be voted out of office - however, I digress.

I read all the FPC'S emails, I go to there website and follow their social media accounts, I know that FPC has had some major legislative victories, but, at the risk of sounding like a FUD (I'm not, I own a handful of Glocks) what are they doing right now other then asking for money? I saw a letter that they sent to "republican" senators but, that is all I've seen. GOA and the NRA has sent out a couple emails, stating they meeting with Senators and/or Representatives, going on TV to educate, social and tradition media campaigns and etc. I know the Millennial and the Gen Z gun YouTube "Firearms Celebrities" love FPC because they are rebelling against their daddy's NRA. Cool... I get - there are some very legitimate arguments there (some listed above). But again at the risk of sounding like a FUD , what do does it accomplish when the President Tweets "...bluh... bluh... bluh... Gun Control..." and FPC replies, "F*CK YOU, NO!"

I'm not here to bash the FPC but, more trying to get some validation of my concerns or for someone to tell me I'm way off base and I'm missing something. I don't have a problem giving FPC some more money if they are doing good stuff but, I want to know that it's being not used to pay some some 22 year old in his mom's basement tweeting out "mean tweets."

So, what say you? What's your experience with the FPC? Am I way off base here? Open and honest dialog encouraged.

Last edited:

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Am I alone here asking, "Who the **** are the FPC?"
    According to Dunn and Bradstreet... looks like one guy.

Doing Business As: Firearms Policy Coalition, Inc.

Company Description: Firearms Policy Coalition, Inc. is located in Las Vegas, NV, United States and is part of the Civic and Social Organizations Industry. Firearms Policy Coalition, Inc. has 1 total employees across all of its locations and generates $250,927 in sales (USD). (Sales figure is modelled).

Key Principal: Brandon Combs See more contacts

Top Bottom