• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Thomas1969

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 6, 2022
    Noblesville
    Hello INGO! I know that firearms have to have a serial number unless it was made per-1968 and/or it was made at home. However, home made guns need a serial if they are transferred to someone else. Does the serial have to be on metal? If a homemade frame is polymer could the serial be on the polymer?

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    Hello INGO! I know that firearms have to have a serial number unless it was made per-1968 and/or it was made at home. However, home made guns need a serial if they are transferred to someone else. Does the serial have to be on metal? If a homemade frame is polymer could the serial be on the polymer?
    Home made guns do not need a serial number to be transferred. You can not make a homemade gun with the intent to transfer it, however.

JEBland

INGO's least subtle Alphabet agency taskforce spy
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 24, 2020
    South of you
    That was very helpful. Thank you. Do you know if that guy is legit?
    He's a legit lawyer, but like he says at the start of the video, he's not your lawyer. Also doesn't mean that you won't get hassled by a person who might have good intentions but repeating what he/she heard elsewhere.

Edit: I also genuinely enjoy a good deal (but not all) of his content.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    No idea if he’s legit, but he said what I have found in my research of code. There are people here who do not agree with this. I would suggest doing you own research and coming up with your own conclusions. You can easily find all the he said/she said conversations you want, and a few of them will have links to the law.
    The most important thing to understand is that you can not just go build guns with the intent of selling them, and that intent is subject to the kings interpretation. This is where many people make the decision to “play it safe” IMO. Even though the king will not respect you for “playing it safe” when the time comes that he wants to change the rules, once again, IMO.
    Sorry I don’t have links available for you, but it has been discussed at length here previously.

BigRed3588

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 4, 2013
    Boynton Beach
    Im not an attorney, but I ran a law library and acted as a prison’s litigation liaison for 3 of my 10 years in corrections. I would say he knows the law as it is written. However, knowing the law as it is written and knowing how a particular case will be prosecuted/judged are often two completely different things. I once had one clerk serving 40 years for possession with intent to distribute and another serving 4 years on an attempted murder charge that was plead down to criminal recklessness (he shot his cousin 5 times over a cell phone).

I don’t want to get too long winded, so I’ll just say that what you’re proposing isn’t worth the potential headache. If you were arrested and taken to court, you’ll end up with a public defender and prison time or a paid attorney who will charge you far more than you’ll make off the sale.

Thomas1969

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 6, 2022
    Noblesville
    Im not an attorney, but I ran a law library and acted as a prison’s litigation liaison for 3 of my 10 years in corrections. I would say he knows the law as it is written. However, knowing the law as it is written and knowing how a particular case will be prosecuted/judged are often two completely different things. I once had one clerk serving 40 years for possession with intent to distribute and another serving 4 years on an attempted murder charge that was plead down to criminal recklessness (he shot his cousin 5 times over a cell phone).

I don’t want to get too long winded, so I’ll just say that what you’re proposing isn’t worth the potential headache. If you were arrested and taken to court, you’ll end up with a public defender and prison time or a paid attorney who will charge you far more than you’ll make off the sale.
    I agree with that and I don’t intend to sell, but I just wanted to know the law for years down the road if my finances change and I feel a need to sell.

I 100% agree that how the law is enforced is unfortunately more important than what is actually written (thanks activists judges)

Top Bottom