• Total voters

Goodcat

From a place you cannot see…
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    152   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    New Pal
    Personally, I don't agree. I look through the classifieds EVERY day, twice a day and I enjoy seeing the long list of items.

99% of people don't browse the forums looking for something specific. I've posted guns at RIDICULOUSLY low prices. I've had 200-250 views before anyone even made an offer. I think a lot of people like me, just browse and look. I don't want to have to browse through multiple gun classifieds!

Limpy88

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Nov 12, 2009
    Lafayette
    as the forum grows there will be a need to split ever sub forum into more specific sub forums. it is a must do for a growing forum. every large forum has been through this.

the wanted change
    handguns
    long guns /other

soon it will be
    .handguns
    ...revoler modern
    ...revoler antique
    ...semi- auto modern
    ...semi-auto modern
    ...full-auto pre wwII
    ...full- auto post wwII
    ...military issue
    .Shot guns
    ..modern
    ...pump
    ...semi-auto
    ...single shot
    ...full auto
    ..antique
    ...pump
    ...semi-auto
    ...single shot
    ...full auto
    ...military issue
    .rifles

bla bla bla:n00b:(you get the idea)

and if the classified get that specific the main forums will probably be brand specific for each catagory as well. if the site is expected to grow at some point you have to split things up.:twocents:

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    I think a split is justified at this point and voted accordingly.

Personally, I wouldn't mind seeing 4 categories of firearms (and I think the current volume could support 4 well-populated categories): rifles, shotguns, semi-auto pistols, and revolvers, but that's just me. My time is valuable and I want to zero in on what I'm looking for. For sellers, your item may stand out more than it would just being thrown into one huge mass with all the other guns.

Just my :twocents:.

JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    i dont mind the way it currently is, but the idea of splitting is interesting and could be nice. i agree with shooter521 though that it could get out of control if everything started to get split into too specific of categories. :ingo:

aclark

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    The 219
    Limpy said it, when your forum grows and changes you need to adapt to make it a more user friendly place. And I like others do like to just browse through the classifieds but I think splitting it up would make browsing more pleasant because I can look at the current items much faster because they wont be scrolling off the page.

groovatron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 9, 2009
    calumet township
    split would be fine in some cases, but what do you do when you have several firearms to sell and they are a combo of handguns and longguns......maybe post in both? I see alot of people that have several of each for sale or trade on one thread.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    split would be fine in some cases, but what do you do when you have several firearms to sell and they are a combo of handguns and longguns......maybe post in both? I see alot of people that have several of each for sale or trade on one thread.

I would say if you are selling them separate, then have seperate posts, but perhaps allow a link to the other sale?

"I am also selling yada yada here: www.ingunowners.com/myothersale"

Maybe allow an exception to the category rule if you are trying to sell a long gun and a handgun as a package?

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2009
    Grant County
    I'm primarily a browser. When I go into classifieds, It's kind of like going into the local gun shop. If I see something that interests me, I pursue. If I'm looking for something specific, then I'll allow the time necessary to do all of my looking. Sort of like going to different gun shops until I find what I'm looking for. I find it hard to understand someone having a limited time schedule to purchase as quickly as they can. What's the rush? Enjoy the whole experience. Not just a 'slam bam, thank you maam'.

Last edited:
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Way up North
    I voted no,
    I really wouldn't mind it either way, the reason I voted no is because I don't necasarily know what I am looking for, I just browse until I see something I would like to have.
    but It would just be one more section to browse, I already troll the other 5 so one more wouldn't hurt any.
    I could go either way...:popcorn:

LotsofGlocks

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 20, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I voted yes. I think this is a great idea. Thers so much movement in the firearms thread whatever your selling gets moved to page 4 in no time. Would like to see the split into Handguns / Long guns.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    So...where are we at on this?

93 responses

69.89% Yes
    30.11% No

;)

Seriously though. This issue isn't something we (staff/Mods) have discussed in great detail up to this point, and no action is planned as of right now. The poll has only been up for a week; I'd like to leave it awhile longer and see if we get more feedback. The current system isn't "broken" (it works and has for a long time, even if it's less than optimal), so I don't see a need to rush a "fix" into place.

We will continue to monitor this thread and will update the membership if we do decide to change things up.

Last edited:
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 7, 2008
    Greenfield
    If we could split them up into the following categories, that would be great!

1.) Things Samrothstein01 would like to look at
    2.) Random Stuff Sam has no interest in looking at

Seriously though, splitting it up makes no real difference. It just means I will look in both places often. My time spent in the classifieds is usually browsing rather than after a specific item. All too often I end up impulse buying. When I want something specific, I perform a search, and if not found I put up a WTB ad. My experience won't change...so INGO on!

:ingo:

Top Bottom