• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Guess I am one of the few that thinks we already have enough non-academic topics under the domain of "public education". Can't wait to see "Common Core Firearms Safety".

Rather than pass more authority to the State, I'd rather private organizations (such as those mentioned in this thread) fill the role that parents choose not to fill themselves.

510picker

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 16, 2017
    Martinsville
    Proper training can never start too young. I, as others have posted, had Hunter Education in junior high. It was my first exposure to real training. I learned fundamentals that I still draw upon today.

Thomas13906

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2017
    Greenfield
    I'm sure if they did this and gun safety was common knowledge, burglars, rapists, and murderers, would be less likely to commit their crimes. Maybe they would be scared that even the "poor defenseless nerds" would shoot them if so. (Especially them in fact because they would study more to get a good grade in the class)

Grump01

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 20, 2009
    Madison County
    Schools should bring in the NRA's Eddie Eagle Training at the Elementary level for safety at least. It might help keep young children from killing their siblings when they find guns in the home where there is no training.

Top Bottom