• ...and so much more!
  • RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    I began using it years ago because they had TABS before Internet Explorer did. Just sort of never went back.
    My wife used ie quite a bit and always ran into malware probs. She switched to chrome.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Its marginally faster than IE, and you can download all kinds of widgets and plugins to do cool stuff. My two faves are:

Morning coffee, which when you click the icon it opens a preset list of web pages automatically so if you always visit the same pages every time you sit down, one click opens them all. It can also work on a schedule. Only read the washington post on Sundays? you can set it to only open WAPO when you click it on a sunday.

DownloadHelper, which allows you to download youtube videos for later local playback.

No2rdame

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    Noblesville
    IE is made by Microsoft, so it is targeted more frequently by hackers and such. Now, with that being said, it's not necessarily the least secure browser anymore. Also, as pointed out, FF had some nice customizations available but now most browsers offer the same. For me, I use FF as a matter of convenience. I switched years ago and have supported it since. In fact, I just built a brand new PC this week and the first thing I did was dump IE as the default.

Do some research on the various browsers and decide which works best for you.

9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka
    Firefox user here. I never have any problems with it. My son does at time when he's on Facebook, but perhaps that's a blessing!

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Used Firefox after having multiple malware and virus issues with IE. But since converting to a Mac, it's been Safari. I keep FF in reserve for the few websites that don't work as well with Safari for some reason. Firefox is great because of the add-ons. You can "skin" your browser, though it's been forever since I did it and can't remember the add-on. I had a cool 1911 once. And a bad-ass fox body another time. They had all sorts of stuff.

tatic05

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 3, 2011
    Ft. Wayne
    I use Firefox and Chrome, I dont IE anymore. I dont care for their extra code I have to enter for pages to show correctly on crappy IE. I am a little biased, I know.

ashby koss

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 24, 2013
    Connersville
    I switched to Firefox years ago due to poor operation and at the time horrible Internet Explorer. Now I stick with it because any company that puts out Internet Explorer as bad as it was (i've heard its better now) has no regard, really, for its customers or user experience.

Oh, Internet Explorer IS the best at something.

#1 in downloading Firefox

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    I'm going to be the minority here, I actually prefer IE.

But, if you're looking at good non-IE options, look up Opera too. Oh and look up "SRWare Iron" It's basically Chrome without all the report back to Google stuff.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    I primarily use FF (at work) and Chrome (at home).

We switched at work simply because FF seemed much more stable, and has a host of handy add-ins. We still develop for and support IE, so I have to test against it (blah). Chrome also seems to have a smaller footprint and is pretty stable. Lots of handy features and add-ins there as well.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    If you think in Russian it will automatically do what you want it to.

Я вижу, что вы там делали, товарищ. ;)

firefoxclinteastwood.jpg

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    Literally the only thing I've ever used IE for is to download another browser. I was with Netscape Navigator from back before M$ finagled IE into top position, and switched to Opera because it was the best thing that ran on both windoze and Linux at the time. I've just stayed with it since, but have FF for what it won't load, like Netflix, though that may have changed.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    I'm definitely not a computer wiz, but I have used Firefox as a browser for many years now. I was always having trouble with IE being hacked. I have been extremely happy with FF, as they update quite often and are less subject to hacking. It takes a little while to find the add-ons for Firefox to play videos, etc., but it's worth the effort IMHO.

Top Bottom