Firing Range Near Spring Mill State Park?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I will camping at Spring Mill State Park in July. The grandkids will be along so I thought it might be a good opportunity to teach them the basics and shoot my Ruger 10/22. Granddaughter is 11; grandson is 8. I have drill them on the Four Rules, and talked with them about firearms; but have never had a chance to take them to the range.

Anyplace near Spring Mill where I could make this happen?

Thanks for your help.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    There's skeet/trap range around there somewhere, I'll ask a neighbor if they allow 22lr. Never been there but I think he is a member.:)

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I live not too far from Spring Mill Park and I am not aware of any public areas to shoot. Sugar Creek Sporting Clays was one that was mentioned but there's also Mitchell Outdoor Sportsman's Club close by. I don't know if either allow visitors. Just north of Paoli, there's Guns, Knives, and More (a gun store) has a range...they might sell you some range time. (It may be a 20-30 minute drive from Spring Mill).

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    I live not too far from Spring Mill Park and I am not aware of any public areas to shoot. Sugar Creek Sporting Clays was one that was mentioned but there's also Mitchell Outdoor Sportsman's Club close by. I don't know if either allow visitors. Just north of Paoli, there's Guns, Knives, and More (a gun store) has a range...they might sell you some range time. (It may be a 20-30 minute drive from Spring Mill).

I had no idea you were so close brother...If you ever make it down to the 'Ville be sure and stop in for an ice cold Pepsi or Dr. Pepper.....I used to fish up there at "Hidden Valley" or something like that...The state owns it now and there is an ice cold spring there that maintains a population of Brown Trout (or used too) and has a cave on the property...It used to be a camp back in the day and there was a trout hatchery there...The rainbows died off due to the heat but the Loch Leven's (Brown Trout to the bait dunkers) managed to maintain a population....A really neat place...Before the state bought it you would give the owner $5 and you could hang out there all day...

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I had no idea you were so close brother...If you ever make it down to the 'Ville be sure and stop in for an ice cold Pepsi or Dr. Pepper.....I used to fish up there at "Hidden Valley" or something like that...The state owns it now and there is an ice cold spring there that maintains a population of Brown Trout (or used too) and has a cave on the property...It used to be a camp back in the day and there was a trout hatchery there...The rainbows died off due to the heat but the Loch Leven's (Brown Trout to the bait dunkers) managed to maintain a population....A really neat place...Before the state bought it you would give the owner $5 and you could hang out there all day...

Sounds good. I keep thinking I'll get down there.

xcalibur

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 4, 2012

That sounds like the old Cave River Valley......I think the State ran out of funds for its restoration. Last time I was down there the Turkey tick larvae ate me alive.

Top Bottom