• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • aaron580

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Nov 27, 2012
    Morgan County
    Disclaimer: This is an AR pistol, but since it is an AR, in 300blk, and not exactly a typical handgun, thought this would be the place to post it.

So over the last few months, I have been doing tons of research, asking questions, and looking at pictures to figure out what I wasnted my next build to be. So I decided on a pistol, but since I didn't want a 556 from a short barrel, I wanted a round that would yield me the shortest barrel with the best ballistics. So, supersonic 300blk seemed to be the answer! So I compiled my lists, looked a couple hours for parts, and found what seemed to be the best parts for the money. After ordering them all on sunday, I waited all this week for my parts to arrive. Today, the last batch came, and THIS is the result:

94BDAE4F-D07B-4BF7-A015-69BDF5ED3ED4_zps0xps0m9v.jpg

THIS is now known as my Honey Badger! (there is a reason for this). 8.2" seemed to yield the best ballistics in a supersonic 300blk of all the shorties out there, so here it is! This was my first time assembling an AR upper from scratch, and it really was not that hard since I had a pretty good idea of what I was doing to begin with. The lower was the easy part! If anybody would like a parts list, I can post it as I take inventory again of what all I used :laugh:

Let me know what you think!

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    This should be in hand guns I think. But that aside, awesome!! I finished up my second build awhile back. It's a addiction once you start. Welcome to the club! You'll want to build more! Good luck resisting the urge lol.

Range report!!!! ???

Please share your list!

aaron580

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Nov 27, 2012
    Morgan County
    Also, is that the extended buffer tube to help put that sig brace back a bit further?

Yes it is. I feel is more comfortable on my arm that way :):

PARTS LIST:

CMMG LPK (best trigger I've felt other than DD or spikes enhanced)
    Spikes Honey Badger lower
    Spikes upper and BCG (BCM was out
    icon_cry.gif
    )
    KAK 8.2" barrel
    AAC muzzle brake
    KAK 2" extended pistol buffer tube
    Sig SB15 "brace" (paid 100$ at NRA convention in Indy)
    MI 7" gen2 FF rail
    Magpul ASAP, MBUS front/rear, MIAD grip, MS3 sling

jonny4523

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 26, 2009
    Lafayette
    Sooo......what can are you going to put on it? I see you're using an AAC flash hider (not muzzle break), although it doesn't appear to have any ratchet teeth. I think you're badger would look even better with an SDN-6 or 762 Saker attached to it!

aaron580

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Nov 27, 2012
    Morgan County
    TRIGGER GUARD: I forgot to order my magpul guard when I got the rest of the parts, coming this week. Always happens on my builds.

Sooo......what can are you going to put on it? I see you're using an AAC flash hider (not muzzle break), although it doesn't appear to have any ratchet teeth. I think you're badger would look even better with an SDN-6 or 762 Saker attached to it!

suppressor, was not planning on running one due to the wait time. I hate having that much money allocated to something that I can't touch for a year! Not worth it to me

Top Bottom