• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bucncrazy

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 12, 2013
    Plainfield
    OK I'm not completely decided yet but I'm thinking I'm going with the Sig Sauer m400 enhanced. 5.56/223. Price leaves me room for ammo, magazines maybe a starter eye piece.
    Any opinions on the Sig?

nwigunner

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    NWI
    I bought a RRA Entry Tactical for my first AR and I absolutely loved it but there are many choices out there. For the budget you have you have countless options just depending on what your objective is for the gun such as hunting, self defense, comp shooting, etc.

bucncrazy

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 12, 2013
    Plainfield
    @Sig1473 through a lot of research and conversations everyone that has had both or shot both say the Sig with magpul furniture is preferred.
    I'm curious why is the colt superior in your opinion?

Justin727

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 13, 2012
    Bargersville
    OK I'm not completely decided yet but I'm thinking I'm going with the Sig Sauer m400 enhanced. 5.56/223. Price leaves me room for ammo, magazines maybe a starter eye piece.
    Any opinions on the Sig?

What are you considering a "starter eye piece" ?

Personally my theory on most anything I buy is "buy once, cry once" meaning.. in this specific scenario.. I am not going to buy a $150 optic just to have an optic because eventually (depending on your planned use of the firearm) that cheaper optic may break, malfunction etc and it more than likely has a warranty that is sub-par. I would save up for an Eotech, Aimpoint, or ACOG. They may be more expensive but they will last and all three companies will stand behind their product.

If you have 1500 to spend I would pop for a Colt LE6920. You can easily find them for 1k with magpul furniture. I would argue that Colts hold their value better than any other AR platform on the market. Plus.. this leaves 500 dollars to pick up a decent pile of ammo to feed it. I have been able to find cases of 1k brass cased ammo online for between 350 and 380 shipped here and there, just have to watch for the deals to pop up.

Additionally: IMHO, ESPECIALLY since this is your first AR I would suggest going the route I have described above so that you are forced to learn the iron sight system on the weapon. Learn it, dial it in for your eye, and practice with them. MEANWHILE.. be saving up for that nice quality optic!

Hope this helps you!

sig1473

Master
    Rating - 100%
    100   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    The Greater Good
    @Sig1473 through a lot of research and conversations everyone that has had both or shot both say the Sig with magpul furniture is preferred.
    I'm curious why is the colt superior in your opinion?

Better resale value to begin with. Colts are what other ARs are compared to. The Colt BCG(C158 bolt) is individually Magnetically Particle Inspected(MPI) and individually High Pressure Tested(HPT) whereas the Sig is batch tested and doesn't provide what the BCG is made out of(C158,9310,8620). Same goes for the barrel. The Colt is 4150CMV and tested as above. The Sig states that their is Cold Hammer Forged(CHF) and chrome-lined, but again there is no proof. The Colt comes standard with a H buffer and the Sig doesn't(matters to some). The Colt has a Full-Auto Carrier whereas the Sig has a Semi-Auto. All the above is superior to me(and a lot of others). The Sig does offer some nice features such as the ambi mag release and ambi QD points on the lower that the Colt does not have.
    I just left a local GS and they had a 6920 in MagPul furniture for $975. I about bought it.

SIGguy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2012
    Buy a simple core 15 m4 moe. Core 15 imo makes a great rifle I know you can pick up there standard platform rifle for 800-900 sometimes there moe edition on sale for around the same price

02roadster

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2013
    Foxcliff, Morgan Co.
    I purchased the Sig M400 Enhanced after looking at the Colt 6920. Both had similar features but I thought the Sig balanced much nicer and didn't rattle near as much as the Colt. Several reviews I read indicated my thoughts as well. The price point difference at the time ($200) was not an issue for me, and I AM A COLT GUY. I use my M400 for fun punching paper at 100 yrds, at least 1500 rds through with no problems in .556. I installed Strykfire Vortex (Red Dot) optic. Lots of fun.

Top Bottom