• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Laughing Snake

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    SW Indy
    I am almost done assembling my first AR, just need the charging handle, and I noticed the upper and lower receiver have a very slight wobble. If you look from the side there is just enough of a gap between the two for some light to show through. I have really only handled two AR's before and did not notice this same thing with them, but I wasn't looking for gaps either. So is this a 'be afraid' situation or something normal? I don't mind rigging something up if I have to and I'm not going for looks on this one. The upper is from Palmetto State and the lower is from MAG Tactical, not that I'm pinning any of this on them.

conan1rice

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 18, 2012
    Wayne County
    Its my understanding that this is common with receivers from different manufacturers. You can buy a cheap piece that fits behind the takedown pin and will keep things tighter. I believe there are also screws that will keep the tension and help maintain accuracy.

midget

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 2, 2010
    Leo
    This is the main reason I've switched to using only the dpms slab side upper. I have had it on 4 rifles so far, and all of them are as tight as you can get.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    On the one I had, I put an o-ring on the front take down pin(I think that's where I put it.:)) and it didn't rattle anymore.

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    Nothing to worry about with parts from different manufactures and even some of the same manufactures. Just buy mags an ammo an proceed to your nearest range!

Top Bottom