• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LLDJR

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    Southside/Southport
    Our Spikes Lower was sent to the armorer this week, they will assemble the lower and paint the spider and fie/safe markings tan,, they say, 1-2 weeks.

Also ordered the VTAC 13" rail today from Superior Defense, shipped today via USPS, should arrive no later than Monday

I'll drill and pin the Flash Hider tomorrow,, then wait patiently for the Lower

The Daniels Defense Lightweight Mid-length barrel at Spikes BCG arrived a couple of weeks ago....

LLDJR

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    Southside/Southport
    Heli-Arc Welded the Flash Hider today, used a 1/8" dowel pin, VTAC 13" rail came today too. Upper is finished
    Spikes Upper, Spikes BCG, Gun Fighter Med-Charging Handle, DD LW Mid 14.5" barrel, YHM Specter Gas Block, Flash Hider

all we need is the lower

Upperdone1.jpg

Upperdone3.jpg

Upperdone2.jpg

Last edited:

BIGE7.62

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 98.5%
    65   1   0
    Jul 29, 2010
    The Hills of Brown
    everything else is here,, took 7 weeks 4 days for the lower to ship assembled with color markings.

AIM has them in stock in Ohio, which is crazy, no colors but still.

I'm still waiting on my spikes lower :( We put our order in about the same time I do belive .

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    Is the Spikes tactical stripped lower a good starting point?

ST-15 stripped rifle lower with safe/semi/auto bullet markings [STLS012] - $99.00 : Spikes Tactical

The plan is to build a 5.56 for my son, to be used for 200 yard or less accuracy

Not sure if you're saying this, but barrel length has little to do with accuracy, except that every barrel I've shortened on single shot and bolt rifles got more accurate.

You lose velocity, but that's not going to affect your accuracy, even way past 200 yards, it's just going to be carrying less energy when it gets there.

Top Bottom