• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • watkins1988

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 23, 2011
    Indy
    I went crappie fishing last night and did pretty good. One fish that i pulled in was a little unexpected. A 21 inch bass. I dont know how big that is compared to most, but Ive never seen one that big in person, let alone caught one. My dad was with me a guessed it was maybe about 5 lbs. So since its my first one I would like to get it mounted.

That said does anyone know a good place in or around indy that mounts fish and does a good job?

picture.php

Last edited:

netsecurity

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County
    Congratulations. Large mouth bass is like the king of fish around here, as far as I'm concermed. That is a good one. I've caught a couple that big, usually smaller.

bmbutch

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Southern Indiana
    Congrats! I've not caught any that size since moving to S. Indiana.

I do miss the South, I never caught any record size Bass, but 4~6 lbs weren't uncommon.

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    Congrats OP! Good job!:rockwoot:

You'll never look at crappie/bluegill the same way. Now they will be viewed as food-fish for the bass you're after:cool:

Most importantly though, you've got a great memory with your Dad.:yesway:

As to mounting, sorry friend, I'm not local to where you're at. Just some suggestions though- with mounting, you normally get what you pay for and try to make sure the taxidermist has done a lot of fish before:twocents:

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    nice bass.

For the future, it might be a good idea to get lots of pics, then take all the measurements and get a replica made. That way this one can go back in the water and get even bigger ;)

I caught one that was almost 7 pounds in a tournament years back, so it went back in the water. Kicked myself later for not thinking about a replica.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    Speaking of replicas..........

Moving soon, will have my den :)

Two replica fish to be in it.

One is just a 25" cat I caught, on UL rig. That was pretty fun.

The other will be a carp, yes carp. I used to be a pretty avid bowfisherman so want a carp done, with a carbon Muzzy arrow through it, and the line going up to the ceiling with ripples painted around it. Fish out from the corner, usually a dead space anyway (no pun intended).

Kinda different :)

cundiff5535

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Feb 19, 2012
    Nwi
    Nice fish... looks a bit under 5 to me but, hey... who I am to say that?

As far as if its big? Yep, anything over 4.5 lbs in this area is considered a nice bass! I have a few honey holes that I pull out 3-5 pounders regularly... I am chasing that 10 pounder... have not got her yet.

Congrats again on a nice fish!

donnie1581

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 5, 2011
    Elwood, IN
    Bass is about the only type of fish I like to fish for. I haven't been able to go since my son was born 3 years ago. I hate not being able to go.

UNCLE HARLEY

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 21, 2012
    Kendallville
    Nice fish. I'd guess it will cost you about $300 to have it mounted by a pro. Anything less you won't be happy with because you get just what you pay for. I searched several taxidermy guys before I had mine done. There's a big difference in the quality of their work. It could take up to 6 months to get it back too.

watkins1988

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 23, 2011
    Indy
    It may not have been 5 lbs, he was just guessing :D

The fight was awesome, mostly I just fish for catfish so I know they can but up a good fight. This bass was totally different then anything I've caught before. It was jumping completely out of the water while it was hooked lol.

That spots not gonna be there for very much longer. Its a pay lake my uncle bought and he's about to start cleaning the trees out of the water and stocking catfish. I'm would think once he does that you won't be able to catch bass or crappie.

So I need to find me a good spot to start fishing for bass:D

Grunt

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nice job. If you want to continue catching bass, you should consider using a Banjo Minnow Banjo Minnow® Official TV Offer Website: Banjo 006 Minnow Fishing Lures. I was a mediocre Bass fisherman, then purchased these. Last year I caught over 60 Bass. Make sure you review the how to videos that demonstrate the action. I only caught 3 bass so far this year, but have only been out a few times.

Top Bottom