• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Obiward

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Fortville
    Carved out enough time today to head over to Beech Grove Firearms and try out their new range. I was excited to have a decent range nearby my house but I was really excited about trying out my first set if reloads. Everything went great and I am completely hooked. I knew reloaded ammo could be much more accurate than mass produced, but I am still amazed at how much more accurate it was. I'll never buy target ammo again if I can help it. Now I just have to dial in loads for my other two pistols and two rifles... Can't wait. :D

bw8755

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    South Bend
    Congrats! I'm waiting to get a few more parts/components before I can try my hand at reloading. I'm stymied by a shell plate, primers and powder.

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    HOORAY! It does feel good to shoot your own ammo, doesn't it?

I think the added accuracy comes from the typically reduced recoil. You learn to shoot better without the heavy recoil and you don't wind up developing a habitual flinch which is very hard to unlearn. Once you get the accuracy down pat with your reloads, shooting the commercial Self Defense loads you carry will be just as easy to hit what you want to hit and this will give you added confidence that may just save your life should this sort of thing come your way (let's all pray it doesn't though).

So again, Congratulations and now that you're hooked, make a special place on your budget because reloading is as expensive as buying guns sometimes. Wait and see, someday you will see that nice, beautiful progressive press and think, "Man, could I crank out the ammo with that baby!" and then you and your wife will have that moment where you discuss your hobbies in that way only she can discuss it with you. :D

Johncandy

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    Since I started reloading about 18 months ago, I'm completely hooked as well! I haven't bought commercial rounds except for SD rounds for my handgun since. I have just over 3000 rounds loaded so far, and am loving it!

Top Bottom