• ...and so much more!
  • Killraven

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 11, 2011
    Indy
    Hey all,

I had a lot of FIRSTS for me this year. Despite my friends telling me to get a .40 caliber I decided to buy a 9mm at the Indy Gun Show early this year. I've always carried a .40 but have always wanted a 9mm. Still to this day have never fired one. I just.. WANTED one. I would hope others understand.

So I got this ->

Beretta PX4 Storm Sub Compact 9mm

px4-sub-compact_3001.jpg

I've never owned a Beretta before either. I just love this gun, but have yet to fire it. Soon I will, but I feel like I will enjoy it. If I do, I may step up and get a full sized .40 or .45.

Anyway I hope I will like it on the range as I think I will. Anyone else just fall in love with a gun at first sight? I hope it's not as strange as it sounds.

/dk

danmdevries

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 28, 2009
    Top Left Corner
    I wanted that exact gun for a long time. Finally got it last fall, now I've had all the PX4's.

Beretta IMO is very under rated/under represented on gun forums. As my collection evolves I've found more and more Berettas entering the mix as others leave.

That's a great little gun you've got there, if you find a decent non retention belt slide holster, let us know.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Beretta make great pistols. Accurate, reliable and built to take anything you can throw at them.

You think you like it now, wait until you put a few round through it!!!!

ThePhantom86

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2010
    Columbus
    Nice, hope it works out well for you.

My first Beretta will be a 92FS or variant thereof. I have been in love with it for as long as I have liked guns, even shot one while on my honeymoon.

thoffman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 18, 2010
    Muncie
    the full size .40 was my favorite handgun, i just shot it low consistently, i just couldnt get the hang of it for some reason, its on my want to buy back list one of these days they are great guns.

rugertoter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2011
    N.E. Corner
    Nothing wrong with that purchase. With the right ammo, the 9x19 is just fine for self defense. Besides, in the last 100 years, the 9mm has put a lot of people in the ground so I guess the proof is in the pudding.

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    110   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    Nothing wrong with that purchase. With the right ammo, the 9x19 is just fine for self defense. Besides, in the last 100 years, the 9mm has put a lot of people in the ground so I guess the proof is in the pudding.

Agree completely! While I have several larger caliber handguns the 9mm has been doing its job for a long time.

Osobuco

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Sep 4, 2010
    Beretta IMO is very under rated/under represented on gun forums. As my collection evolves I've found more and more Berettas entering the mix as others leave.
    Under represented - definitely. I like to think that is because it is such common knowledge that they are some of the finest guns ever made and so the discussion is sort of moot;)

goinggreyfast

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 21, 2010
    Morgan County
    My pastor just picked up one of these last week. He loves it. I have yet to shoot it though. I got to hold the one he bought and the grip was just too small for my hand. I have my eye on the Mod F myself. I'm a big Baretta fan. Nice purchase!

GoDawgs

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    NWI
    This one is on my wishlist to accompany my full size px4 in 9mm. It definitely appears that the Berettas are underrepresented on this forum, but for the threads that exist, there is nothing bad mentioned about them.

9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka
    A Beretta 92 FS was my first pistol, first gun period. I had it for over 20 years. Have shot everything under the son out of it without a hiccup. It especially likes +P's. It's only drawback is its rather large size and heft. Of course, that's what makes it fun to shoot, because it's weight makes the hot loads fun to shoot.

thoffman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 18, 2010
    Muncie
    If you know how to properly use your firearm, the 9mm will result in the same outcome as a .45acp

friggin rep!!!!!! thats the first thing iv read in awhile that couldnt be more true :+1:

not saying i didnt like that .40 round though ;):D

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    I like the .40 also. But I carry 9mm, but I practice all the time and am confident in my ability to place the shot were I would need to if god forbid the time should come. So might as well carry something I can shoot all the time and not break the bank doing it, plus Im not really a fan of huge recoil, with my wrist problems.

thoffman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 18, 2010
    Muncie
    I like the .40 also. But I carry 9mm, but I practice all the time and am confident in my ability to place the shot were I would need to if god forbid the time should come. So might as well carry something I can shoot all the time and not break the bank doing it, plus Im not really a fan of huge recoil, with my wrist problems.

yea i carry a .380 and can put all 7 rounds where i want them quickly, i in no way feel outgunned or underpowered, o anyway back on topic nice pick i love berettas :D

Killraven

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 11, 2011
    Indy
    Thanks everyone. I will follow up once I have had a chance to get out there. Work has been keeping me away from the range!

Top Bottom